Prospect Info: Your List: Top Ten 22 or Under

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
1. Cooley
2. Guenther
3. Geekie
4. Moser
5. Maccelli
6. Lamoureux
7. Lutz
8. Soderstrom
9. Doan
10. Duda

This was hard. I didn't even include Hayton in here because it seems like he's been here for years now. I might slot him in at 8.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
We really do have more than 10...here is just a list of guys that are having good to great seasons
Cooley/Guenther/Geekie/Moser/Maccelli/Lamoureux/Soderstrom/Doan/Duda/Fedotov/Matikka/Lipkin

Notables: (not having good to great seasons, but younger than 22)
Jenik - lots of piss & vinegar, but need more production
Kolyanchonok - best skating Dman we have at any level, the dude can really skate and plays tough, should be a good bottom pair guy for long time
Lutz - not having a good to great season, but you can see the skill
McCartney - again, not the type of production we'd like to see, but most of the skill production is down in Tucson besides Carcone...is this a coaching issue?

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Oh boy, I see my list will be way different.

1. Guenther
2. Macelli
3. Moser

Clear top 3. Maybe should have Guenther 3rd.

4. Cooley
5. Raty
6. Mitakka
7. Fedotov
8. Geekie
9. Soderstrom
10. Koly

HM: Farinacci, Kirk (if you still count him as a prospect), Duda, Lamoreaux, Lipkin, Jenik, Lutz, Douglas

Raty has been criminally underrated his whole career IMO, same with Fedotov. It makes sense since they both play overseas and most people just don't watch them, but Raty, Macelli, Guenther, Cooley, and Fedotov are our best forward prospects. Geekie is really good too, don't get me wrong, but I have a lot more questions about him than I do any of the others.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Where would we consider placing Doan? Not having the best year this year but neither is ASU as a whole.
I know it's just one game, but I saw him for the first time live last night, and...well...uhh...he didn't look special. Certainly not like the highest draft pick in that game (dunno if RIT had any)

I mean, I don't know what I was expecting, but I think I was hoping for something like when I went to Tucson and thought "man that little Garland guy is *good*. What's his deal?"

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I know it's just one game, but I saw him for the first time live last night, and...well...uhh...he didn't look special. Certainly not like the highest draft pick in that game (dunno if RIT had any)

I mean, I don't know what I was expecting, but I think I was hoping for something like when I went to Tucson and thought "man that little Garland guy is *good*. What's his deal?"

I've been to four ASU games this season. I thought Doan was very good in two of those and just ok in the other two. ASU has a pretty small team, I wonder if some games the plan for Doan is to just to focus on doing the dirty work and grind the opposition down. I felt like two games he played like a power forward and the other two a 4th line grinder. It's weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad