Prospect Info: Your List: Top Ten 22 or Under

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Hayton and Soderstrom are hard to place. As is Lamoureux.
Especially Lamoureux. He's a project AND we haven't been able to see much from him since being drafted.

I give Hayton some extra credit for his recent play, but I can't say that I believe he's actually turned a corner. We'll see.

Soderstrom worries me, but D do take longer so I'm still hopeful.

Reactions: Freddy Sjostrom

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Especially Lamoureux. He's a project AND we haven't been able to see much from him since being drafted.

I give Hayton some extra credit for his recent play, but I can't say that I believe he's actually turned a corner. We'll see.

Soderstrom worries me, but D do take longer so I'm still hopeful.
Encouraging that BA was so complimentary of Soderstrom’s play in Tucson. I think he said he’s the best defenseman down there?

Reactions: Jakey53

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
My list is about the same as rt's. 9 and 10 can go to any two of Lamoureux, Duda, Doan and Matikka at this point. Maybe even Lipkin :dunno:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Post your top ten Coyotes 22 or under.

1. Cooley
  2. Guenther
  3. Moser
  4. Maccelli
  5. Geekie
  6. Hayton
  7. Soderstrom
  8. McBain
  9. Doan
  10. Lamoureux
^ I don’t have strong opinions and could be swayed easily. Not trying to argue, I just want to see other lists. :)

1 - Cooley
2 - Guenther
3 - Maccelli
4 - Moser
5 - Geekie
6 - Duda (he's a stud, homerun pick)
7 - Lamoureux
8 - Soderstrom
9 - Matikka (another stud, homerun pick)
10 - Lipkin

Don't think Doan has the wheels to make it as a pro, I'm hoping I'm wrong and he can carve out a nice niche as a 4th line winger, but I'm not so sure.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Matikka might make my top 10. Need to see how he looks against NCAA talent next season.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
As of right now and what they have proven / current trajectory
  1. Cooley
  2. Maccelli
  3. Moser
  4. Guenther
  5. Geekie
  6. Hayton
  7. McBain
  8. Duda
  9. Soderstrom
  10. Doan

Top end ceiling/potential
  1. Cooley
  2. Guenther
  3. Maccelli
  4. Geekie
  5. Duda
  6. Moser
  7. Lamoureux
  8. Hayton
  9. Soderstrom
  10. Matikka

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
1 - Cooley
2 - Guenther
3 - Maccelli
4 - Moser
5 - Geekie
7 - Lamoureux
8 - Soderstrom
10 - Lipkin

Don't think Doan has the wheels to make it as a pro, I'm hoping I'm wrong and he can carve out a nice niche as a 4th line winger, but I'm not so sure.
There are plenty of people that are slower than Josh Doan in the NHL. Different times but overall a better skater than his dad was. I’m going to bet on the character of that family, and say he gets a few years off that alone. Love the inclusion of Duda though! There’s big boom potential there.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
0) '23 lottery pick (TBD)
1) Cooley
2) Guenther
3) Maccelli
4) Geekie
5) Moser
6) Lamoureux
7) Duda
8) Hayton
9) Soderstrom
10)Doan

Reactions: Grimes

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
1 - Cooley
2 - Guenther
3 - Moser
4 - Maccelli
5 - Geekie
6 - Duda
7 - Soderstrom
8 - Matikka
9 - Jenik
10 - Doan

Moser and Maccelli are pretty close but Moser brings more value in that he would be harder to replace. But Maccelli is so much more then what I hoped for with that pick. Truly a great pick!
Hayton I do not view as a prospect really. He will always bring something the team needs and still may get better but a pretty serious disappointment to me. Jenik has fallen in my mind but obviously still has some chance to be decent.

Reactions: cris10 and Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Post your top ten Coyotes 22 or under.

1. Cooley
  2. Guenther
  3. Moser
  4. Maccelli
  5. Geekie
  6. Hayton
  7. Soderstrom
  8. McBain
  9. Doan
  10. Lamoureux
^ I don’t have strong opinions and could be swayed easily. Not trying to argue, I just want to see other lists. :)
Jenik?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
1 - Cooley
2 - Guenther
3 - Maccelli
4 - Moser
5 - Geekie
7 - Lamoureux
8 - Soderstrom
10 - Lipkin

I'm a little worried with our Geekie pick. Also Lamoureux as far as that goes. I guess we will find out if our scouts or me are correct.:sarcasm::laugh:

Reactions: Heldig

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I knew he had a shoulder problem and had surgery...but "Between 2020 and 2021, Lamoureux’s first season with the Voltigeurs, his shoulder was dislocated seven gruesome times."

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I knew he had a shoulder problem and had surgery...but "Between 2020 and 2021, Lamoureux’s first season with the Voltigeurs, his shoulder was dislocated seven gruesome times."
Sooooo..... does this mean he's not going to be delivering those soul crushing hits much longer?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’m not a huge Cooley fan so far…. blasphemous I know. Love his speed and energy but he’s a turnover machine in the games I’ve watched:

Top 5:
1. 2023 1st (I hope)
2. Maccelli
3. Moser
4. Cooley
5. Geekie

Reactions: cris10

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I’m not a huge Cooley fan so far…. blasphemous I know. Love his speed and energy but he’s a turnover machine in the games I’ve watched:

Top 5:
1. 2023 1st (I hope)
2. Maccelli
3. Moser
4. Cooley
5. Geekie

No Guenther?

rt

May 13, 2004

Top 5:
1. 2023 1st (I hope)
2. Maccelli
3. Moser
4. Cooley
5. Geekie
He struggled with forcing plays last year too. Then he adjusted to his level of competition and was absolutely dominant. He was In the process of doing this again before he left for the tourney.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
0) '23 lottery pick (TBD)
1) Cooley
2) Guenther
3) Maccelli
4) Geekie
5) Moser
6) Lamoureux
7) Duda
8) Hayton
9) Soderstrom
10)Doan
I was going to put Livingstone in the list, but he's 23. Still surprise he doesn't have his own thread in the prospect forum. Still hoping we sign him and he turns out to be the player we all hoped Timmins would've been if he didn't get sidetracked with injuries. Strange that if he signed last season, his ELC would have been 2 years, but this season it will be "burn the 1 year."

rt

May 13, 2004
I was going to put Livingstone in the list, but he's 23. Still surprise he doesn't have his own thread in the prospect forum. Still hoping we sign him and he turns out to be the player we all hoped Timmins would've been if he didn't get sidetracked with injuries. Strange that if he signed last season, his ELC would have been 2 years, but this season it will be "burn the 1 year."
If you’re his uncle, you can just tell us.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen and MIGs Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad