Prospect Info: Your Kings Top 10 prospects list

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I haven't shared mine personally yet but I'd have Kupari above primarily on ceiling but it would be close. I think JAD is a sure-r thing to be a Justin Williams type, whereas I feel like Kupari is an almost-Panarin-type ceiling with a total bust floor.

Fair enough. I feel the same regarding JAD but don't think Kupari's ceiling is terribly high. Maybe a bit higher than Kempe's ceiling but a floor that is found in the basement.

It should be noted that I've basically just seen some clips of each player so, really, my opinion on this is pretty much complete garbage, hence why I do not have a list.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
For those putting Kupari ahead of JAD, is it primarily due to being a 1st round pick? JAD was three days away from being eligible for this year's draft.

Wouldn't it be likely that JAD would be a 1st rounder this year? Would only have to jump 11 spots.

Honestly, 2-5 on my list (Peterson, Clague, Kupari, JAD) are almost interchangeable. I rank Kupari higher mostly due to having a higher offensive upside and filling an organizational need on wing.

There's a brief drop off to Thomas, and then a drop off to Brickley on my list.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Good lists....I wonder how good Sheldon Rempal is. Eyssimont had similar numbers and yet Eyssimont is at the dev camp and Rempal is with the 'elevated group'.
Will be a big year for Austin Wagner, to see if he can emerge to the 20 goal mark in Ontario.

Reactions: Rekingsfan17

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Strand is underrated IMO.

If find JAD difficult to evaluate.

1. Vilardi
2.Peterson
3. Kupari
4. Clague
5. JAD
6. Brickley
7. Thomas
8. Strand
9. Anderson
10. Shafigullin

HM: Wagner, Eyssimont, Rempal, Villalta

*Prokhorkin, Dergachyov, Kubalik are guys that technically fit the criteria but will probably never play for L.A. in the NHL.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Good lists....I wonder how good Sheldon Rempal is. Eyssimont had similar numbers and yet Eyssimont is at the dev camp and Rempal is with the 'elevated group'.
Will be a big year for Austin Wagner, to see if he can emerge to the 20 goal mark in Ontario.

Rempal, Morrison and Strand are the 3 players I'm most curious about. Eyssimont did not appear to be very dynamic in his limited time in ONT last year, might just be a solid AHL guy, but it's early. Important year for Wagner. His game is a bit all over the place consistency wise, but he definitely made some strides the last 2 months of the season. I would say being better defensively and potting 20 goals would definitely move him up on the depth chart. He is not an NHL player right now.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Strand is underrated IMO.

If find JAD difficult to evaluate.

1. Vilardi
2.Peterson
3. Kupari
4. Clague
5. JAD
6. Brickley
7. Thomas
8. Strand
9. Anderson
10. Shafigullin

HM: Wagner, Eyssimont, Rempal, Villalta

*Prokhorkin, Dergachyov, Kubalik are guys that technically fit the criteria but will probably never play for L.A. in the NHL.

Like this list. I will get hammered for saying this but the only thing I change is moving Clague down to 6. I hope he works out but I have yet to see what all the hype is about. I see a Hickey type player with a hair more offense which overall is still a valuable player.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Watching Brickley in camp, it looks pretty clear he is the real deal. Plays with a lot of poise, big body, good lateral movement. Me thinks he should be higher on most lists. And despite Clague's defensive shortcomings and somewhat risky passing, he's tied for second in Kings scoring in the preseason despite playing 1 less game than all the leaders. He's got some work to do, but he'll be an NHLer. Just not this year.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Like this list. I will get hammered for saying this but the only thing I change is moving Clague down to 6. I hope he works out but I have yet to see what all the hype is about. I see a Hickey type player with a hair more offense which overall is still a valuable player.

I don't really see the Hickey comparaison at all. Hickey was a real smooth skating defenseman in junior that used that to dominate juniors. When he got to pros and alot of players have his kind of skating he had to re-invent himself as a defense first kind of guy with a great first pass. Clague plays alot more like a Josh Morrissey. Sure has the good skating (albeit not effortless like Hickey was) but already has the great puck movement and most importantly has a very high hockey IQ. Both Clague and Morrissey just instintively know how to play angles, how to read the ice, how to position their bodies to gain advantages over opponants. These are extremely hard things to coach. I predict after one year in AHL like Morrissey Clague will be able to step right into NHL, probably right into a top 4 role. Will likely never be a 60 point defenseman or anything, but a solid top pairing guy who plays both ways and is just a consistent effective defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad