Prospect Info: Your Kings Top 10 prospects list

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Now that the draft is out of the way, which players would you rank in our top 10 prospect's list? For the purposes of this list, please base your list on the potential ceiling of that player in the NHL. Exclude anyone who has played 25 or more NHL games to date or is 25 years of age or older.

1. Vilardi
2. Petersen
3. Kupari
4. Clague
5. Brickley
6. Anderson-Dolan
7. Thomas
8. Shafigullin
9. Wagner
10. Strand

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I don't know if I agree with the criteria. I still would consider Amadio, LaDue and Brodzinski propects.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
1. Gabe Vilardi C
2. Kale Clague D
3. Jaret Anderson-Dolan C
4. Rasmus Kupari C/RW
5. Akil Thomas C
6. Cal Peterson G
7. Bulat Shafigullin LW
8. Austin Wagner LW
9. Alexander Dergachyov C
10. Matt Villalta G

Reactions: Ghetty Green

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I don't know if I agree with the criteria. I still would consider Amadio, LaDue and Brodzinski propects.

LaDue and Brodz are in their mid twenties now and have played pro for a few years, don’t know if I would consider them prospects at this point.

I think if you graduate to the NHL, play atleast half a seasons worth of games and are over, say 23, your not a prospect anymore.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Off the top of my head, but reserve the right to change my mind pending brain farts:
1. Vilardi
2. Peterson
3. Kupari
4. Clague
5. Anderson-Dolan
6. Thomas
7. Brickley
8. Wagner
9. Mikey Anderson
10. Villalta

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
LaDue and Brodz are in their mid twenties now and have played pro for a few years, don’t know if I would consider them prospects at this point.

I think if you graduate to the NHL, play atleast half a seasons worth of games and are over, say 23, your not a prospect anymore.
Yeah, I understand the perspective, but both guys haven't played a full season worth of NHL games yet. They both played in the AHL last year and their rights are controlled by the Kings.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
1) Gabriel Vilardi
2) Kale Clague
3) Cal Petersen
4) Rasmus Kupari
5) Jaret Anderson-Dolan
6) Akil Thomas
7) Dan Brickley
8) Mikey Anderson
9) Austin Wagner
10) Bulat Shaffigulin

I struggled really hard to come up with number 10. But the good news is that this team has done a really good job re-stocking the cupboard in only 2 drafts.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I understand your perspective, however none of the players you listed are eligible to be the NHL Calder Trophy winner due to seasons/games played in the NHL, plus they aren't wavier exempt, so not really an equal playing field for the new guys. I think it's fair to exclude them, and I'm glad they are assets on our team. I think all 3 (especially Amadio) have something to offer.

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I think some of you guys are underrating Kale Clague here.

71 points in 54 games this year, WHL's Defensemen of the Year, World Junior Gold Medal Winner and only 20 years old.

It's a good problem to have. Really kind of a tie for me right now between Clague and Kupari. Clague expected to be a top 4 D, Kupari and top 6 winger. Just had to pick between them, but certainly interchangeable.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think some of you guys are underrating Kale Clague here.

71 points in 54 games this year, WHL's Defensemen of the Year, World Junior Gold Medal Winner and only 20 years old.

I have no problem with Clague. I just like Kupari more. He's a versatile forward with top 6 upside and Clague is a more offensive defenseman with top 4 upside.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Do you guys think Brian Rafalski is a good comparable to Kale Clague?

I just want to see Clague get a year under his belt in the pro ranks before I compare him to anyone.

I never like when kids are compared to someone who has played pro for years, it’s a bit unfair though, but I understand why.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Is Clague really at the point where he’s even on the radar to compete with Brickley/Ladue/Folin for a roster spot? I thought he was incredibly promising but would almost certainly go through Ontario first.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Is Clague really at the point where he’s even on the radar to compete with Brickley/Ladue/Folin for a roster spot? I thought he was incredibly promising but would almost certainly go through Ontario first.
Folin is a UFA and probably wont be given a contract; same goes for Kevin Gravel.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

palffytofrovlov

Apr 4, 2003
Los Angeles
Visit site
1. Vilardi
2. Clague
3. Peterson
4. Kupari
5. Anderson-Dolan
6. Brickley
7. Thomas
8. Villalta
9. Mikey Anderson
10. Shafigullin

I have to give props to Blake and Yanetti, what a turn around in the last 12 months...

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Brodzinski sucks and doesn’t deserve to be in the top 10 prospects list. Mikey Anderson is our most underrated prospect. I have a feeling he will end up being a top 4 offensive defenseman.

1.Vilardi
2.Clague
3.Petersen
4.Kupari
5.Anderson-Dolan
6.Brickley
7.Akil Thomas
8.Mikey Anderson
9.Shafigulin
10.Villalta

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
For those putting Kupari ahead of JAD, is it primarily due to being a 1st round pick? JAD was three days away from being eligible for this year's draft.

Wouldn't it be likely that JAD would be a 1st rounder this year? Would only have to jump 11 spots.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For those putting Kupari ahead of JAD, is it primarily due to being a 1st round pick? JAD was three days away from being eligible for this year's draft.

Wouldn't it be likely that JAD would be a 1st rounder this year? Would only have to jump 11 spots.

I haven't shared mine personally yet but I'd have Kupari above primarily on ceiling but it would be close. I think JAD is a sure-r thing to be a Justin Williams type, whereas I feel like Kupari is an almost-Panarin-type ceiling with a total bust floor.

Reactions: King Trouty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad