Proposal: Your Ideal trade for Granlund

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
very sorry guys for stating that he could potentially hit 80 when his career high is 69 ... mea maxima culpa

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Granlund and Spurgeon, and for LD and Bouchard (maybe try to get Pulj too?)

Then when you have that offer you see if Toronto gives you Marner and Kadri.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
doubt TOR wants to give up Marner, but I'd trade for him. We need a guy who is ideally 23 and under.

What about trade around Granlund + Spurgeon
for
Konecny + myers/sanheim + 2020 1st

or

Granlund + Spurgeon + Ek
for
Konecny + myers/sanheim +Frost (PHI would never though)

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
doubt TOR wants to give up Marner, but I'd trade for him. We need a guy who is ideally 23 and under.

What about trade around Granlund + Spurgeon

for

Konecny + myers/sanheim + 2020 1st

Why would Philadelphia do that? They get older, two guys that are going to be UFA soon while moving young players.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
If we are limited to realistic, the only trade that makes sense to me is something with Toronto. And they are one of the only teams that wouldn't need him. You're right in suggesting that he needs to be moved if he wants $9+M and is serious about it but I can't think of a deal I would like. If I thought that I could add another good piece to Granlund and get a Monahan or a Barzal I would do it but that doesn't seem realistic either. Feels like they are about a year late......several of the good young players around the league that they might have wanted to target took big steps forward.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Why would Philadelphia do that? They get older, two guys that are going to be UFA soon while moving young players.
Philadelphia's one of the few teams in the league that might actually want to get older. They've got tons of young guys on the team or ready to be fed onto the team, and some older guys ready to fall off. Filling in the middle with quality players like Granlund and Spurgeon could make them very competitive very quickly and for a very long time.

I have no idea what a deal would actually look like, but teams like them and Boston would be the most interesting to me if we really did trade someone like Granlund.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Granlund and Spurgeon, and for LD and Bouchard (maybe try to get Pulj too?)

Then when you have that offer you see if Toronto gives you Marner and Kadri.

Kadri should be on TOR's no touch list. His contract is too good for what he brings to the team.

The choice for Tor will be between Nylander and Kapanen on who to trade and who to keep. Brown/Hyman will be traded for whatever the can get and not take back any cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad