Proposal: Your Ideal trade for Granlund

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Hey wild fans,

Granlund is a peice that I see as being a very real option to trade. I don’t think MN will want to pay him what he’s going to ask for, so what would you want for him.

I’d want an A list Center prospect + 1st +2nd

Realistically, what could we get?

What teams make sense?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
80-point guys aren't super common. Granlund would have to fetch a very high return (at least one blue-chip prospect and a 1st).

Not to say it could never happen (of course) but to come in and trade a guy to shake things up is one thing. I think when you're on the losing end of the talent scale, you lose the trade - though there are always influencing circumstances. To do it twice is bad hockey work.

At this point, I'm almost afraid to see something like Spezza, Honka and Tufte coming back in a package.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Maybe Boston, if they're looking for a RW. Maybe Columbus if they want to fill some of the void left by Panarin. Buffalo or NYI may want non-rental secondary scoring. Maybe teams like Arizona, New Jersey or Vancouver over the summer.

I suspect the return would be a 1st, a 2nd and a prospect we'd be disappointed in within a year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
80-point guys aren't super common. Granlund would have to fetch a very high return (at least one blue-chip prospect and a 1st).

Not to say it could never happen (of course) but to come in and trade a guy to shake things up is one thing. I think when you're on the losing end of the talent scale, you lose the trade - though there are always influencing circumstances. To do it twice is bad hockey work.

At this point, I'm almost afraid to see something like Spezza, Honka and Tufte coming back in a package.
Not to totally stamp out any sense of optimism around here, but I don't see a team trading for Granlund as an 80 point player when he hasn't actually broken 70 yet.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Not to totally stamp out any sense of optimism around here, but I don't see a team trading for Granlund as an 80 point player when he hasn't actually broken 70 yet.

I think he's held in high esteem around the league. Responsible, hard-worker, decent speed, great hands and vision. Makes other guys better. Value deal. Hell, I'll trade for him...

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

I don’t have a lot of confidence in Fenton’s ability to make a good trade, especially it a so called “hockey trade”. I wouldn’t say granlund has 80-point player written all over him though as he’s yet to break 70 points.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I think he's held in high esteem around the league. Responsible, hard-worker, decent speed, great hands and vision. Makes other guys better. Value deal. Hell, I'll trade for him...
That I agree with, though I'm not sure his contract is a huge selling point when he's only got a year left and is a UFA after that.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Why the hell would we pay him 9 million? 5-7 million being the most upper limit.
Russo reported that his agent was planning at starting at 10 million. With his contract ending in a year, and the team not trending the right way, he could be inclined to walk if he doesn’t get atleast in the realm of what he wants. Things can change, but no doubt he gets 9 per in UFA and I believe he’d Be intrigued by that if we’re not offering more than 7. The max I’d pay him is 7.5.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Russo reported that his agent was planning at starting at 10 million. With his contract ending in a year, and the team not trending the right way, he could be inclined to walk if he doesn’t get atleast in the realm of what he wants. Things can change, but no doubt he gets 9 per in UFA and I believe he’d Be intrigued by that if we’re not offering more than 7. The max I’d pay him is 7.5.
I think $9m is probably high, but somewhere in the low $8m's wouldn't surprise me.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

When did Granny become an 80p player? Rounding up from 69p to 80p is a bit of a stretch. The question for GM's is do you pay the same or more for him and his extra year compared to the ~PPG players so far this year (Duchene, Stone, Panarin?)? Hayes (missed a few games) is on a similar points pace to Granny this year and is a center.

I don't remember a TDL that could have so many quality players on the market.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
When did Granny become an 80p player? Rounding up from 69p to 80p is a bit of a stretch. The question for GM's is do you pay the same or more for him and his extra year compared to the ~PPG players so far this year (Duchene, Stone, Panarin?)? Hayes (missed a few games) is on a similar points pace to Granny this year and is a center.

I don't remember a TDL that could have so many quality players on the market.
Good points. I’m not sold on Hayes yet though.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Good points. I’m not sold on Hayes yet though.

Me either, but he is having a nice year so far. He's also been a heavy d-zone start that fills a shutdown/2-way center roll the last few years.

This really is a TDL that's shaping up to where teams can fill in specific holes with the FWDs:
-Need a game breaker? Visit the bread section in isle 1
-Need an offensive center? Check out Duchene and Staal displays in isle 2
-A 2-way center is on sale in isle 3
-Isle 4 has playmakers in small, medium, and large sizes
-Physicality and scoring is located in isle 5
-etc...

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Do you want to pay him 9 million a year to watch him score 15 goals?
He's not getting $9mil at this point. His slump has taken that well out of his reach.

Yes, Rumor has his agent starting at $10m, but that's just a starting point. Example, Dumba's starting point in negotiations was $8m, he got $6m.

Granlund will be closer to $8m than $9m. Likely between $7m-8m, and imo, that's still worth keeping him. We need more players like him, not less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad