Line Combos: Your Ideal Line-Combos

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
I disagree. I feel like he makes Couture and Marleau less effective. I'm going by the eye test, but when Wingels and Nieto are with him the line seems much more complete.

I would agree with Wingels but I think you really need him to elevate the 3rd line no matter who is centering. If it comes down to Nieto and Havlat I like the upside Havlat is capable of bringing.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I just figured it out

Havlat and Sheppard have chemistry but still aren't really top-9 forwards on this team

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Wingels-Pavelski-Torres
Desjardins-Sheppard-Havlat

The only thing I'm unsure about is Nieto on line 2. That line will consistently draw top competition. And I'm not sure if Nieto can keep up with that competition. I think Hertl is better defensively than Nieto and therefore could handle being with 12 and 39 better.

I really don't think it's smart to leave Pavelski as 1LW in the playoffs. You're taking advantage of so many critical match-ups by leaving him there. Having Desi/Kennedy-Sheppard-Havlat as line 4 is Chicago status right there.

Regardless of what you do with the top-9, you need Havlat and Sheppard on line 4. They have some decent chemistry and will definitely produce when going up against weaker competition. Seriously, with the way those two are producing right now, if they can keep producing at even half that rate, that will be the best 4th line in the NHL.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I just figured it out

Havlat and Sheppard have chemistry but still aren't really top-9 forwards on this team

Hertl-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Nieto
Wingels-Pavelski-Torres
Desjardins-Sheppard-Havlat

The only thing I'm unsure about is Nieto on line 2. That line will consistently draw top competition. And I'm not sure if Nieto can keep up with that competition. I think Hertl is better defensively than Nieto and therefore could handle being with 12 and 39 better.

I really don't think it's smart to leave Pavelski as 1LW in the playoffs. You're taking advantage of so many critical match-ups by leaving him there. Having Desi/Kennedy-Sheppard-Havlat as line 4 is Chicago status right there.

I love those lines (except my 3rd line would be Torres-Pavelski-Wingels) and hope that TMac doesn't have the usual brain fart and feel the need to ice Burish or Brown in the playoffs.

As to "Chicago status," I think you are right but I would note that Pavs will likely have 40 or more goals this season and having him as playoff 3C would be something that Chicago and anyone in the NHL would extremely envious of. :handclap:

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Getting Hertl back changes everything. And I honestly think they are expecting him to return.

That's obviously just a hunch, since we never know anything as Sharks fans.

Chief Brody

Sep 20, 2009
Of the Sharks with 50 or more faceoffs this season who has the highest winning percentage?

Answer: Thomas Hertl - 56.9%

Here is my playoff lineup with rounded faceoff percentages next to their names:

Pavelski-56/Thornton-56/Burns-47
Marleau-51/Couture-53/Nieto-33
Torres-50/Hertl-57/Wingles-36 :yo:
Sheppard-42/Desjardins-55/Pick one

Havlat-0/3
Kennedy-41
Burish-46
Brown-2/3
Kearns-41
McCarthy-53
Hayes-43
Hamilton-39

P.S. When Hertl comes back they should take away number 48 and give him #4. You know why.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Of the Sharks with 50 or more faceoffs this season who has the highest winning percentage?

Havlat-0/3
Kennedy-41
Burish-46
Brown-2/3
Kearns-41
McCarthy-53
Hayes-43
Hamilton-39

P.S. When Hertl comes back they should take away number 48 and give him #4. You know why.

I disagree with using face off numbers to determine lines but they're decent. I am currently opposed to having Sheppard on the 4th line given his play the last 3 weeks, that's about it.

Timos Death Stare

Seek and Destroy
Aug 9, 2008
CA
I disagree with using face off numbers to determine lines but they're decent. I am currently opposed to having Sheppard on the 4th line given his play the last 3 weeks, that's about it.

It's nice to have the ability to elevate Shep to the third, but in the playoffs I hope he is on the 4th.

Hertl - JT - Burns
Marleau - Couture - Nieto/Wingels
Torres - Pavs - Nieto/Wingels
Shep/Desi - Shep/Desi - Havlat/Burish/Hayes?

This is what I would roll...

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Ovechkin-Crosby-Stamkos
Malkin-Thornton-P. Kane
Neal-Pavelski-Giroux
Lucic-E.Kane-MacArthur
Toews/Kessel

Byfuglien-Karlsson
Kieth-Weber
Subban-Yandle
Pietrangelo/Doughty

Price
Rask

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Ovechkin-Crosby-Stamkos
Malkin-Thornton-P. Kane
Neal-Pavelski-Giroux
Lucic-E.Kane-MacArthur
Toews/Kessel

Byfuglien-Karlsson
Kieth-Weber
Subban-Yandle
Pietrangelo/Doughty

Price
Rask

Needs more Marleau but I like it for the most part. I don't know why you have MacArthur though.

Lezgosharkz13

Jul 21, 2011
Pavelski Thornton burns
Marleau couture nieto
Hertl Sheppard havlat
Torres wingels Kennedy

Roll four lines. Our bottom six would dominate:8
The Czech connexion around shep.
Book it. Plz.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010

Havlat-0/3
Kennedy-41
Burish-46
Brown-2/3
Kearns-41
McCarthy-53
Hayes-43
Hamilton-39

I don't wAnt hertl to have the responsibility at center right now. In the future sure. Right now this team is do strong down the middle it's best to let him play where he has been comfortable and had success at wing. He strives there. No reason to move him to center I believe pavs goes back to 3c and rightfully so when if hertl is healthy

Lezgosharkz13

Jul 21, 2011
Pavelski Thornton burns
Marleau couture nieto
Hertl Sheppard havlat
Torres wingels Kennedy

Roll four lines. Our bottom six would dominate:8
The Czech connexion around shep.
Book it. Plz.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad