Your hot takes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Gonna get slammed probs but anyways

Benning is underrated: I have long advocated that he gets way to much flack on this forum for a few years. He took over an aging core and while he made some questionable choices, hampered by ownership not wanting to rebuild he has drafted pretty well and Vancouver has a bright future. This is despite them getting some awful lottery luck. He has made bad signing sure, but in 5 years I really feel you will see so much more good than bad. The mistakes he's made haven't been crippling and the best decisions are potential cornerstone players like EP, Boeser and Horvat. Ultimately, I feel by the time Vancouver is contending for a cup, he will be gone and this forum will look at him more positively than they do now. I have long debated Nucks fans on this topic. It just interested me a lot to see this guy get panned like Chiareli or Milbury. I had one Nucks fan question if I was his burner account lmao.

Chicago is a dynasty: Most disagree but I see them as a modern dynasty despite not repeating as champions or going 3/4. In 2014 i thought they were gonna beat LA. Had they done so, they likely win 3 in a row from 13-15 to go along with 10. The reason I give them the honor is because of how difficult it was to win multiple titles in today's era. The NHL today is not like it was in the Original 6 days or even 70s-80s. What the Hawks did was rare and deserves to be mentioned as one. Nobody is placing them above the Habs-Isles-Oilers teams but I have them as one. 3 in 6 years is pretty special.

2011 SCF was trash: What this series had was a distinct identity and bitter hatred that is missing from a lot of final series. I get that totally and wish SCF series had that more often. I miss Leafs-Sens and Avs-Wings. It was cool to see these teams form such a bitter hatred despite not having a history (unless I'm off base here). Despite that, it was a boring, boring series to watch for me. I watched every game and don't think there was a single great one.The games had little flow to them and it was just bad hockey to me. It had intensity and some close finishes in Vancouver early on. Boston just killed them after game 2, and totally deserved it. I think the hatred between the teams and fanbases make this series seem better than it was but that's just my opin.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
the Leafs season is going to mirror the isles season last year amazing start but they won’t be able to out score all their problems all season long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad