Your Hockey Nickname

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I got called "Sparkplug" because whenever my team was playing lackluster like, my coach would tell me to hit everyone I possibly could in a minute and a half time span, as hard as I can. It usually got the boys riled up.

In case you couldn't figure this out, I also lead my league in PIMs for two consecutive seasons :)

ILuvLucic*

L'Anglais

French for Englishman, because I play in Quebec.

Pittsburgh Proud

Dec 12, 2007
Pittsburgh
Januu pronounced (Ja-noo), some players on my team, (seniors), my first year of high school hockey couldn't remember my first name. They always called my Chris which was my older brothers name. Randomly one of them says your new name is Jean-Pierre Januu, french canadian superstar! The Januu part has stuck and I really like it. Hate the kid that gave it to me though.

densetsu

Conkie.

I accepted an offer from a friend to play on his team for the season. One game he called me Conkie, as a play on my last name. The other guys, who didn't know my last name, also started calling me that -- but they all thought it was short for "concrete wall" (since I'm a goalie). It wasn't until near the end of the season that they clued in that it was based on my last name.;)

The team I'm on now, we all call each other by our regular names. We were just talking about this after last game, on how we really need to get some nicknames going.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
last name is Ferguson, always was called Fergie, one year it was Furby lol.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Lol I don't mind :)

Furby all started because a new player one year thought when people were calling me "Fergie" they were saying Furby. The team thought it was hilarious and ran with it for the year. :handclap:

Rink Rage

May 2, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I had two
1. "The Dominator" Cause when I played goalie, I modeled style after his.
2. "Shanny" Cause my parents named me after Brendan Shanahan.

GuitarAwesome

Feb 18, 2009
I don't really have one, a few guys call me "phonebooth" cause I have some smooth hands, but it doesn't really catch.

One of the guys on our team has two good ones. We call him "child-bearing hips" cause he's like 5'6, but throws a MEAN hip check. And we also call him "Jordan Staal", cause it looks like he has hands sometimes, but in reality, NADDA.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Da Roy/P Roy. Favorite goalie is Patty Roy. Friend/goalie coach calls me that sometimes.

Or Stitch since at hockey camp playing street hockey my friend high sticker me in the face right on my nose. Bled pretty bad and everyone thought I needed stitches so I got called that.

Spy and Coughdrop are inside jokes.

So P Roy is by the one coach/friend, while Spy was a team joke.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
This is full of win. hahahahahahahahaha. I think I would laugh so hard I might as well hand you the puck. lawl

I should learn how to type and more importantly double check the mistakes lol.

I don't scream like a mainiac all the time because that would be silly but i just do it and don't consciously do it, it just happens. Depends on how close I am on the backcheck and was an alterantive to throwing my stick.

In other notes in this thread /// this thread is seriously cracking me up!:laugh:

sag2k3

Feb 4, 2009
Tavares. Because i said that he was the best player born in 1990 a couple years ago :)

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
Last season my son got the nickname "bulldog". Due to his size (he's the smallest dman in his league) and his absolute lack of fear to go into the corners or battle in front of the net with guy's up to 3 times his size and come out with the puck.
He wears it with pride.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad