Your Hockey Nickname

Pulp Fiction

RIP Wade Belak
Dec 28, 2009
Grabo's Pineapple
Thought this would be the most appropriate place to put this, correct me if I'm wrong.

I was just curious what everybody's nickname from hockey was. What were you called by your teammates, coaches, etc.?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I was called Moose. I was nicknamed it fairly early, and my coach called me that because he thought I played like Mark Messier, whose nickname was "Moose". I've been "Moose" since.

:yo:

How about you?

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
FT

My name's Frank and my manager at work got me into playing ice hockey, not that I didn't want to but I just never had the opportunity, and he always called me FT since Frank The Tank isn't original enough.

One of the guys actually calls me Freight Train every now and then because when I first started I could skate fast but couldn't stop at all so I was like a freight train and you better get out of my way. :P Also works since it fits with FT.

Some people call me Tank but most call me FT.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
"Hayward"

Exciting I know.. :laugh:
(My last name)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, this one guy one my hockey team last year has the nickname "Goose".

It all started two years ago during our hockey class, we were playing football outside when he caught the ball and started running. Some guy yelled out "He looks like a Portuguese Goose", just got shortened to "Goose" and now everyone calls him that now. Our coach called him it, teachers started calling him it and he even said his parents occasionally call him it. :laugh:

member 30781

Sausage.

Thats because I told everyone I was going to the Phillies Dollar Dog Night.

Has stuck ever since.

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ
Buddy

I play with a bunch of Newfies and they all call me Buddy, Well they call everyone Buddy.

I was Gordie when I switch from shooting right to shooting left and changed hands rather than trying to take a left handed backhand shot.

Axxion89

Aug 3, 2009
In NY, I'm Hulk Hands because I use Green Warrior Dolomite gloves and they look like those toy Hulk Hands

In CT, I'm still waiting for a nickname!

Starbuds

You like muscles?
Mar 28, 2010
I posted my name as Danny "Hide Your Daughters", and it has stuck ever since.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
'Diceman' because playing D I like to gamble and somewhatg resemble Andrew Dice Clay.

Mainly I get called 'Psycho' because I do weird things sometimes like when someone has a breakaway and I am on the backcheck I will sctram a war cry od sorts like I am about to behead someone. Once in a while it causes someone to lose their concentration ob their breakaway.

Saved*

Ive been called Foppa on my 2nd team because on the first game for my first goal, I came in on a break and did the 1 handed tap in goal.

Razzmatazz

Feb 2, 2010
Mainly I get called 'Psycho' because I do weird things sometimes like when someone has a breakaway and I am on the backcheck I will sctram a war cry od sorts like I am about to behead someone. Once in a while it causes someone to lose their concentration ob their breakaway.

:handclap:

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
"SHOOOOOOOOT!!"

Never really understood it.
:laugh: good one!

I used to be called zamboni b/c I'd slide on the ice and leave giant patches of clean ice in my trail. Now that I don't do that, the guys just call me Zambo or Razi (based on an unfortunate Joe Thornton autograph signing)

NJDwoot

Apr 28, 2010
'Diceman' because playing D I like to gamble and somewhatg resemble Andrew Dice Clay.

This is full of win. hahahahahahahahaha. I think I would laugh so hard I might as well hand you the puck. lawl

shoeshine boy

Aug 14, 2008
I had a goalie whose name was T***** Lipton. when I first met him he said his fraternity nickname was T Bag. I loved it....until I found out what "Tea Bagging" was. a perfectly good nickname ruined! :shakehead

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
My nickname is The Tank because I play and I'm built like a tank. My name is also Frank, so cue the Old School references :handclap:

takumi111

Aug 31, 2008
kinda unrelated but come playoff time, people call me 'invisible man'

i don't get it :help:

oh and i also happen to be a highly-paid forward on the Sharks, but don't tell anyone!

Razzmatazz

Feb 2, 2010
I was called the Brick Wall in floor hockey because of my solid play in net, seemed original at the time until everyone started using it.

meanolthing

Apr 29, 2009
In youth hockey my coach called me "Simba" because I used to wear a practice jersey with a big cartoony lion on it (still own it too). Then he started calling me "Ponyboy" because I bleached my hair with hydrogen peroxide about halfway through the season (book reference, see: The Outsiders).

In high school, they just called me "Murf", shortened version of my last name.

And now, they call me "Coach" :).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad