Your Hockey Nickname

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Generic hockey nick name. My first name + y sound.

Steve therefore became Stevie. I used to not like people calling me that when I was like 5-6 (long before I started playing hockey) but I don't mind it so much now when my teammates are calling me it.

SeanL44

Welcome to Hellbow
Apr 5, 2008
Philadelphia
My last name is Legnini so I've always been delightfully labeled "Linguini"

When I played soccer I was "tank" because I am way too big to be playing soccer.

Also my friends call me "The Figure 4 Leg Lock" for undisclosed reasons...

Last edited:

AyVee

Jan 28, 2009
Springs
I love all of those! They're all pretty funny.
Mine's not so much though.
At first I was The Wall, I'm a goalie, and it was cool for a little bit, then aabout a month later I was like, "I just know a thousand people have this name..." It wasn't even very deserved because I was given it only after ONE GAME where I only let in one goal in a game of shinny.
Of course that game was awesome cause I even made a save while on my head, literally! I was way out of position, cross-crease pass to my right, and KNEW it was going in so at the last second I decided to do something fun. I didn't even try. and somehow I saved it. I didn't even know it had happened until everyone was looking at me with their jaws open and one person said "What the-!?!" :laugh:
I should NOT have saved it but I guess the guy got so anxious he didn't think he had to really aim since I gave hims such a wide-open net. He must've shot it right at me.
And it'll never happen again :(

Now my nickname's 'The Animal!'
and I may not always stop shots, but I'm pretty aggressive and play with passion like a wild madman :laugh:

Last edited:

vivianmb

Jan 10, 2007
winnipeg
www.whocares.ca
in winnipeg i'm called "broadway" because i came from NYC.
back home the other teams called me pretty much every name you can think of, but my nickname was holocaust...which is basically a poor mispronunciation of my last name. i hated that nickname for obvious reasons.

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
"Mush", or "The Mush" after the character in A Bronx Tale. I got the nick name from my friends for having a combination of bad luck and chronic distracted clumsiness (the two biggest reasons that everything I touch "turns to mush").

It carried over from my everyday life to the rink (50% of my close friends are on the same hockey team). If I let in a bad goal sometimes someone'll say "Damn, you mushed it". Or if I have a bad game, when we're getting changed someone might be like, "Mike, you mushed us". Occasionally, if someone else on the team screws something incredibly easy up, they borrow the nick name for a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad