Your Good Luck Rituals This Playoffs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I did that for game 3.

Not sure what I'll eat tonight but it won't be until after the game.

I don't really have any rituals other than to get drunk during the game, but I do that for every game so I don't think that really counts.

She's an habitual GDT Prose Master.

Oct 22, 2012
Beard is pretty much full on itchy as fk mode, but im digging it

Other than that, Im doing the anti-superstition. At first I watched the games on CBC, but I got really annoyed (like ya would), and switched to RDS. Then I switched back to CBC during Game 1 against the Burins, and they scored twice, so I switced to RDS. But then they lost game 2 so I tried CBC again and they won. Some days I wear my habs jersey, sometimes jusrt a shirt, sometimes just.....nothing ;) and its worked out so far!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Other than that, Im doing the anti-superstition. At first I watched the games on CBC, but I got really annoyed (like ya would), and switched to RDS. Then I switched back to CBC during Game 1 against the Burins, and they scored twice, so I switced to RDS. But then they lost game 2 so I tried CBC again and they won. Some days I wear my habs jersey, sometimes jusrt a shirt, sometimes just.....nothing ;) and its worked out so far!

LOL :laugh:
I so do the same. Only I started on RDS.
The Bolts kept tying the FR up.
Switched to CBC for OT.
Obviously kept it on CBC but like you got annoyed not score related...
Kept RDS games 1 and 2 Bruins didn't know what the F hit me before i could change it game 2
I had a real glow on at that point...sigh
CBC Tuesday so CBC tonight.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011

Wash your beard with shampoo and then put conditioner in it. Just like the hair on your head.

Thank me later.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Not visiting Bruins forums, and not going out to watch it with my Leafs fan friends, I learned my lesson in 2010. I use my Montreal Canadiens mug to drink coffee, very sacrificial ritual to stay sober!.

This lol

Trying to stay off the boards completely until after the games, or in this case, during the intermission. Also watching the games in my apartment, no mingling with bandwagoners or fans of other teams.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
The reason why we lost last night is because I came down with a cold... sore throat, light headed, slight fever. Things are clearing out today and looks like I'll be stronger for game 5... which should translate to a W for Team Red.

It's always like that - if I don't get enough sleep the habs play tired, if I'm having an off day the bounces don't go our way etc..

Last edited:

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
Thought people might have some new and/or funny ones this playoffs.

I'll start: Before the first game vs TB I happened to be playing "What the Hell I Got" by Michel Pagliaro on my guitar with my buddy loudly singing along. After the win that became a ritual. I was out of town for game two vs Boston and we couldn't sing the song. Clearly the lapse cost the Habs a game. :sarcasm:

It wasn't intended, but it worked out that my newest Canadiens boxers (the two-pack, home and away, by Joe Boxer) had been undefeated until the Boston comeback. Now I'm scrambling.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Eat one of these bad boys everyday.

image.jpg

Oh and gain a few pounds while I am at it

mitchmagic

Apr 25, 2006
Montreal, Qc
www.typeonefilms.com
In game two, there was a great atmosphere in my friend's apartment. It was about 6 of us. All having a good time and enjoying the brotherhood. With 9 minutes left in the game, two coked out and hungover friends of ours showed up and started talking over the game. They were really loud and obnoxious.

Then the Bruins started scoring...

So we don't watch with those two friends anymore.

BeerHell

Oct 1, 2007
Playoffs Beard and Hair.
Bought myself a "playoff" cap and I wear it on every game.
My 6 year old needs to wear is Price t-Shirt. didn't wear it last saturday nor yesterday. I am sorry it has been washed today, will wear it tomorrow.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Just calmly watching the screen instead of rabidly wishing shots to go in or shots being stopped and being disappointed. The only time it didn't work was in the OT of game 4. Ingesting calories had a soothing effect. My pet bird was more excited by the crowd noise than I was. He also liked hearing the national anthems.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
I make sure I do a line of coke off of hooker's butt just before the opening face-off. Results have been mixed, but mostly positive so far.

PsychoticHab

May 26, 2012
Ottawa
Playoffs Beard and Hair.
Bought myself a "playoff" cap and I wear it on every game.
My 6 year old needs to wear is Price t-Shirt. didn't wear it last saturday nor yesterday. I am sorry it has been washed today, will wear it tomorrow.

:rant::laugh:So we found the culprit then.:sarcasm:

sventington

Sep 18, 2013
alright. I did not opt for that donut on Saturday. I apologize.

I did order a larger than usual breakfast at the cafeteria today though, so expect us to win handily.

Beyond that and the fact I am wearing a Habs shirt under my sweater at work (it is still -10 up here), I am out of magic.

Here we go, boys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad