Your Good Luck Rituals This Playoffs

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Thought people might have some new and/or funny ones this playoffs.

I'll start: Before the first game vs TB I happened to be playing "What the Hell I Got" by Michel Pagliaro on my guitar with my buddy loudly singing along. After the win that became a ritual. I was out of town for game two vs Boston and we couldn't sing the song. Clearly the lapse cost the Habs a game. :sarcasm:

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I drink Molson 67 beer. Habs have won each time i did so far. Didn't drink for the 2nd game in Boston and we lost.

oleHABSole*

Not visiting Bruins forums, and not going out to watch it with my Leafs fan friends, I learned my lesson in 2010. I use my Montreal Canadiens mug to drink coffee, very sacrificial ritual to stay sober!.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I just realized I haven't shaved since I came home almost two weeks ago, maybe I'll just keep this facial hair till the Habs are eliminated/win. I'm going to start growing exam beards during exam season, and even though my playoff beard started late, I'll keep it going (pitifully).

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I've got my own linesmates.
Won all game when me and 2 of my friends are together....we keep it up against the Bruins, 2 of us has to call sick twice this week. But it worth it so far.....

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
1 - I have all my Habs stuff facing the TV (cap, little youppi, coffee cup, sweater)

2 - My wife has to put the habs pyjama to my 2 year old daughter every game night, because she did, not me, on game 1 vs tampa. Now my daughter is asking for that pyjama whenever she sees it.

I'm not crazy. I'm just having a lot of fun with it and I wouldn't really mind forgetting something. There is a strong possibility of SC final this year so why not.

GHG

Jazzped

May 16, 2013
Montréal
Playoffs beard shaved right before the start of the series.

I also watch every game in my computer room on "small" tv instead of the big one in the living room. Alone. My s/o isn't allowed.

I made an exception and watched it with her in the living room. Once. A Saturday afternoon... That was a mistake and I won't do it again.

*Note that my s/o isn't a big fan and won't watch hockey alone

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
I just realized I haven't shaved since I came home almost two weeks ago, maybe I'll just keep this facial hair till the Habs are eliminated/win. I'm going to start growing exam beards during exam season, and even though my playoff beard started late, I'll keep it going (pitifully).

Glad I'm not the only one growing exam beards :laugh:

I have a playoff beard right now. I constantly repeat to every one "**** the Bruins". That's about it.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Step 1: Miss Game one OT thriller in BOTH series due to work and get texted score before I can watch either PVRd game - Check

Step 2: Playoff beard for superstition and to impress the wife (NOT) - Check

Step 3: Wear new Habs sweater my brother, a Leaf's fan, gave me for Xmas for Game 2 vs B's - Check (& Fail)

Step 4: Burn said sweater in an exorcism ritual and go back to Habs Vintage jersey - Check

Step 5: CrownN7, Hot Wings & portable defibrillator for those 3rd Period heart attacks - Check

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I don't sleep, shower, or change during playoff season. It's a miracle I'm still functioning.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
My playoff ritual...

grumpycat.jpg

...is watching the habs win.

LesHabs66

Apr 11, 2007
Minneapolis MN
I play the English version of Go Habs Go (by Christopher Pennington) as well as the French version a minimum of 6 times quite loudly before faceoff...my neighbors just love that...so far the only loss has been a result of being too hung over for the Saturday game to play the song enough times before the 1030 AM start time.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I wear my Habs boxers, I listen to Feels like 93, I wear my Vanek shirt and Eller jersey and I watch the game in my room. Oh yeah and I have to post in the GDT.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad