Your Five Key Players Going Forward

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
By "key" players you mean players to build around?

If so:

Bernier
Reilly
Komarov

… that is all.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Haha. No I excluded him because I am mad he hasn't tried to play better defensively this year. Still a awesome player though. He has work to do on his game though and should buckle down on it.

I don't think I would want the leafs to keep him if a deal for a good young two-way center came along for him. That would be hard to envision happening though. I am always wanting better defensive players. So I am biased against one dimensional play lol.

Maybe that's not right of me because I don't want Kessel moved out because of his scoring and game break ability that Jvan also has ha. Not very fair is it! I would move Kessel though,just not first.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I picked 5 cause its a nice number and cause it adds a challenge. Its like a full line minus a goalie, or if you want the goalie, someone from the line has to go.

Also I see a lot of JVR but am surprised I don't see him more. Part of my decision has to do with contract as well, his is a gem. If its cause he is atrocious defensively, well I think down the road it will be tough to ice a team where everyone is a solid defender. Someone on the team will stink defensively, but if he can do what JVR can do and on that contract, well he's a keeper and you find guys better defensively to put around him.

Same goes for Kessel (if you could find him a ROR or better, but thats another thread).

Rufio65*

Kessel
Bernier

Without these 2 Toronto is a bottom 5 team. Everyone else is expendable.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Honestly, when I read posts of posters 5 players going forward, I become terminally depressed.

This is going to be a tough team to watch if these are going to be our 5.

~ Think bigger.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
They are? NHL.com has them at 6th in the standings. Maybe you should let them know that their standings are incorrect.

last time I checked we finished 23rd last year the last completed season, if you want to look at less then half a year as a measure go ahead, 82 games are what matter.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
1. Kessel
2. Bernier
3. Phaneuf
4. JVR (contract)
5. Rielly

^ Like above Kadri just missed by a hair. I wish this was a top 6. Top 7 if you add Komarov.

- note I didn't add Nylander because I have yet to see what he can do in his first NHL season.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
And yeah Kessel is disgustingly unappreciated around here like another poster stated. He shies away from the corners and physical play but he's still the 2nd/3rd best sniper in the game period and without his production we wouldn't be in the position we are in right now. Not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad