Your Favourite Series this Year

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Ducks vs Flames - Very physical, crazy hockey.
Penguins vs Blue Jackets - Very physical, fast and exciting.
Ducks vs Oilers - Battle of the about to be western powerhouse versus the current one.
Ducks vs Predators - Classic likable underdog knocking off the hated favorite, it was just fantastic watching Nashville take it.

Caps vs Leafs - Good hockey but it didn't quite have the special feel to it for some reason, I think because the Leafs aren't a very likable underdog.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I'd say caps/pitt except the wrong team won.

It's been a ****show this year, so many series saw the team that got outplayed win. A lot of series lacked drama. And a lot of key injuries all around the league.

Last edited:

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Am I the only one who thought Caps-Pens was a borderline garbage series with, at most, 3 decent games? I'm honestly getting physically upset over people describing that series as "epic" or a "classic" unless they are calling it a classic letdown or a disappointment of epic proportions.

My picks:

Flames-Ducks

Oilers-Ducks

Preds-Ducks

Leafs-Caps

Last edited:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Obviously it's being in the Finals up 2-0 series wise right now, but for me the Pens vs. the Blue Jackets series comes in second.

The Pens/Caps series really began to **** me off (especially with the Crosby thing) even though we (as usual) extracted sweet revenge in the end. And the ECF against the Sens (aside from the game 5 blowout and double OT in game 7) damn near put me to sleep.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Caps Leafs

All 1 goal games 3 of the 4 in OT.

No trap.

Maybe the no trap cup can go with the attendance and corsi cup then they can all get rewarded with the viewership/ratings cup.

P.S if you think that every team in the nhl doesnt trap at some point you need to try and understand the sport a little better.

DonnyG33

Apr 13, 2015
Toronto
For everyone that though Ottawa played a boring style of hockey, the series against the Rangers was great. High scoring, comebacks, 4 goal game by Pageau.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd say caps/pitt except the wrong team won.

It's been a ****show this year, so many series saw the team that got outplayed win. A lot of series lacked drama. And a lot of key injuries all around the league.

This year has had the most two goal come backs of any playoffs all time. Just because your team got knocked out doesnt mean it wasnt exciting. Its also on pace to have the most overtime games. Keep it consistent though HF, if there is nothing to complain about why would you post at all.

Gardiner

#Shredder
Dec 6, 2011
Ducks vs Flames - Very physical, crazy hockey.
Penguins vs Blue Jackets - Very physical, fast and exciting.
Ducks vs Oilers - Battle of the about to be western powerhouse versus the current one.
Ducks vs Predators - Classic likable underdog knocking off the hated favorite, it was just fantastic watching Nashville take it.

Caps vs Leafs - Good hockey but it didn't quite have the special feel to it for some reason, I think because the Leafs aren't a very likable underdog.

Nonsense! Utter nonsense! Everyone loves us.

yuri28

Jan 16, 2012
Caps-Pens, the true SC final this year again,after last year.
Except this year, Caps should have really beaten us.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
Caps vs Leafs: Toronto youth vs a powerhouse
Rangers vs Habs: Most physical series, all the games were very exciting
Preds vs Ducks: Best D groups in the league, incredible skills from the backend, very technical series and also an amazing comeback by the Preds after losing their star for the rest of the playoffs and losing game 4 at home with the Ducks tying the series.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Homer pick is OTT vs NYR. Memorable goals and moments galore. HM to OTT vs. BOS purely for the RIDICULOUS Karlsson-to-Hoffman goal.

Non-homer picks are TOR vs. WSH, CHI vs NSH, and EDM vs. SJ.

I don't see how an OTT fan doesn't pick taking the Pens to game 7 as the best series. I loved that one.

So Ill say:
OTT-PIT
WAS-PIT
ANA-EDM
STL-MIN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad