Your favourite fighter?

Canucks420

Jun 23, 2014
Prince Rupert, BC
Current: Tom Sestito, what he did in Vancouver this year made me happy. He gave the Canucks that Tiger Williams/Gino Odjick/Donald Brashear/Rick Rypien type take-on-all-comers guy.

Brandon Prust, solid, one of the best at it right now.

"Sugar" Ray Emery, I wish this guy coulda been the guy all last season in Chicago, he could have won that cup. But, as long as he's employed and kicking ass, I'm good.

Past:

Gino Odjick, Named my dog (pug) after him, I'm native, he's native. If it wasn't for the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals I wouldn't be alive, he was on that team so yeah.

Donald Brashear, My first jersey was a Donald Brashear, Gino now wears it when I have buddies over for beer and hockey. In NHL 2000 I would make a team of Donald Brashears and another team of Tie Domi's. Fun times.

chubeyr

Aug 19, 2005
Currently Brian McGrattan Calgary Flames. Tough as they come, a pure heavyweight aka goon. Yet is a total class act while doing one of the dirtiest jobs in the league.

Past.... I will have to agree with a habs poster on larry robinson. He rarely fought, but when he did look out, he was a big man.

Another guy who did not believe in fighting in Hockey Dave Babych. A shutdown type dman who was a pretty big boy too, his upper body was just huge. Saw Babych fight twice in my life. Once was against a goon Tim Hunter. Beat the snot out of Hunter and when Hunter tried to hang on for dear life Babych picked him up and body slammed him onto the ice. For a guy that did not believe in fighting he was the toughest I have seen.

Honorable mention to Wendell Clarke. He had great technique, allowed him to scrap with much bigger men. If he had been bigger he could take the award!

spaghtti

Oct 13, 2013
Favorite current fighter- Clune or leblond
All time fighter- Peter Worrell
Least favorite fighters- Hollweg, Stortini

Huggie bear was so frustrating to watch

Don't really have a favourite current fighter but past: Dave Semenko, Probert, Twist, Domi

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Chris Nilan.. Loved the guy. He wasn't that big and was the top dog (or one of them) for years. He also played a regular shift on a great line when he played with Gainey and Carbonneau.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Chris Nilan.. Loved the guy. He wasn't that big and was the top dog (or one of them) for years. He also played a regular shift on a great line when he played with Gainey and Carbonneau.

yeah this tread needs more nilan. another hab that burnt out like a shooting star was john kordic who was also not huge but willing, in that crazy willing kind of way, to go with anyone.

right now I think the cream of the crop is gadzic who also seems to throw with wild abandon.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Some of my faves

Darren McCarty
Joey Kocur
Eric Cairns
Matt Barnaby
Bob Probert
Krzysztof Oliwa
Jim Cummins
Jim McKenzie

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Big Ern! (McGrattan)

Currently the best heavyweight and an absolute class act on and off the ice!

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
For me my Fav was the Hammer. But Big Behn was deadly and the best followed by Dave Brown. Glen used to crack me up before a fight.

How come my Pal Frank the Animal is not getting any love?

I hope you mean Frank Bialowas and not Dale Purinton.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Zach Sill.

He's a very entertaining middleweight, and despite not being huge at 6'0 and around 200lbs, he still goes out does well against much bigger fighters. He's a pest and never stops chirping, then he backs it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad