Your favourite fighter?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Islander fan here but Joey kocur was one of the greatest. Brian curran was nuts. Gary howatt ,ken baumgartner were entertaining. In today's game- Orr, Thornton and if Carkner can get back to form they would be my picks

Last edited:

Ubik

Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver
Gino Odjick, and Rick Rypien.

Honourable mention: Donald Brashear

Best fight: Odjick vs the Blues. Youtube this if you have never seen it, Gino chases about 5 Blues players around in half his gear.

Current fighter I enjoy watching is Brandon Prust his fights with Rick Rypien are legendary.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Clark Gillies.

He never had 100 PIMs in any season. For good reason. No one wanted to fight him.

His fists (and skill) opened up a lot of ice for linemates Bryan Trottier and Mike Bossy to become alltime greats.

A bit primitive to be sure, but it's always fun to call up the YouTube clip of him bloodying and breaking NYR Ed Hospadar's jaw with a single punch...for having taken a run at Bossy the previous season.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
For now : Anthony Peluso, has a lot of style when he fights!

All-time : Darin Kimble from the Quebec Nordiques, what a mother-****ing-crazy-ass-*****. Guy is insane

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
George Parros, but unfortunately he's not his old self anymore.

Jay Rosehill is quickly closing in on him on my favourite fighter list, though.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I've always been a fan of the light to middleweights because, just like in boxing, their fights seem to be less prone to being boring hugfests.

So...

Rypien
Stock
Jonathan
Keane
McPhee

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Currently Ryan Reaves or Milan Lucic

My favorites all time: Eric Lindros (seeing a superstar destroy people was always awesome, you'll never see that again), Bob Nystrom (maybe had no punching power because he would land 100 shots in a minute but it was intense, he was all over, uppercut, face shots, you never knew where it was coming from).

Leto93

Jul 1, 2014
Amherst, NY
Of all the fighters I've seen in person, it would have to say Georges Laraque.

I won a drawing contest for the Sabres when I was 8 and received box seat tickets. My favorite player was Eric Boulton at the time (a very nice guy when I met him in the offseason and I liked my fighters back then) and I was hoping that I would get to see him in his very first NHL fight that game. Well, they happened to be playing the Oilers and Georges Laraque. Long story short, Laraque stomped his face in and ruined the game for me.

Other favorites of mine were Stu Grimson and Rob Ray (who happened to be sitting in that same box as a healthy scratch; very nice guy as well and was not happy when Boulton challenged Laraque)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Current: Bordeleau and McGratten
All time: Darren Langdon. Probably just because he's a newf but I loved how long he could go for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad