Your favorite stick brand?

Ducksgo*

I currently have an Easton Synergy ST but ran into a TPS Response today, wow was it nice. Thing has a nice stiffness to the butt end of the stick and bends nicely down to the blade. It was affordable and extremely light as well.

So Im wondering what your favorite manufacturer is and what stick you prefer over the others.

hoonking

Jan 25, 2010
I love my Bauer stuff, including the sticks of course. The vapor series is my favorite.

Hrad

Dec 30, 2009
I seem to be the only one rocking the CCM U+ CL in all of my leagues.

BadHammy*

I'm never loyal to a company, but a specific model if it suits me. I like the CNT and S17 from Easton, the one90 and one95 from Bauer, the U+ and CL from CCM and the 10k from RBK. However, I hate the vapor xxxx, all the old Rbk sticks, well, you get the idea.

Briere Up There*

I adore the 2 pro stock S19s picked up, whoever had them customized is nuts for selling these puppies. A junior player I think, lol some kid named Acevedo. It's nice though cause he has my favorite number on there too.

Too bad they're breaking so easily.

ManicSubsidal15

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island, NY
I adore the 2 pro stock S19s picked up, whoever had them customized is nuts for selling these puppies. A junior player I think, lol some kid named Acevedo. It's nice though cause he has my favorite number on there too.

Too bad they're breaking so easily.

Justin Acevedo? He played for I believe the Kitchener Rangers and now the Monarchs in the AHL

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
For a composite HARROW 300 SERIES Tapered shafts and blades.

For wood when using those until I switched to composites it would be MONTREAL M95 with the Polygraphite laminate, Eurpoean 6L (Euro curve 6 lie) model 9925 (Montreal's flex stiffness rating) Powerlight one piece stick, On the aluminum shafts MONTREAL M95 wood blades with the Euro curve, Koho Bluefibre or Profibre one piece sticks.

Slava13

Dec 23, 2009
Warrior MacDaddy are by far the best sticks I've ever had. I bought 3 of them 2 years ago and I'm still playing with them. Only one of them broker but it was from someone slashing me.

Durbo20vT

Jul 2, 2009
CT
I like my Bauer sticks, but they dont really last long... My Warrior Dolo HD's though, love em and they take all the abuse!

ipushmycar

Aug 28, 2009
Warrior.

Specifically, my Dolomite DD grip. God, this stick is pure sexy.

I plan on trying out Reebok soon, as well as Bauer.

No interest in Easton. Every stick I've held was too thick and heavy. Or maybe it's just my imagination.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I also like Harrow stuff and before they stopped being around Montreal sticks. M95 blades are the best wood blades ever, wish they had tapered ones. Warrior needs to release their wood sticks (they bought out Montreal).

Aside from that, I like Warrior, and I still haven't used a one-piece Easton but would love to try an SE16.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
One95. I'll never use another stick again while they make these. The double concave walls have changed the way I feel about sticks altogether; I won't use one that doesn't have double concave walls.

MJAYK

Jan 19, 2010
Dances with the wolves
When im done with army, sometime next year and start really getting back to hockey again (looking to join a division II team in Finland for practice sessions and hopefully games later on. I have been invited already). Im pretty sure im going for Supreme ONE95 shafts 77 flex, with some blades that have the P92 curve.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I've been using Easton since '96 and have yet to stray from them stick-wise.

Currently using a Letang S17

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
One95. I'll never use another stick again while they make these. The double concave walls have changed the way I feel about sticks altogether; I won't use one that doesn't have double concave walls.

I feel the same way ... box shafts feel awful to me now. They feel huge after getting used to the grip of the concave. Great grip for shooting too imho.

I'm not sure what you mean by double concave, you mean all 4 sides right? If so I do NOT use that, just the two sides.

MNWild9

Feb 16, 2010
Minot,ND
my favorites are any RBK or Warrior sticks. But will use a Bauer stick if i have to. all my eastons have hit the garbage stack.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
In my opinion, the one95 is the best OPS on the market and probably the best of all time. The one complaint I'd have is a lack of a retail 95 flex stick but I haven't had any issues getting 95 flex one95s for myself.

The TPS R2X10 was the best shaft ever made.

Briere Up There*

Justin Acevedo? He played for I believe the Kitchener Rangers and now the Monarchs in the AHL

Googled him (first thing that comes up is a 14 year old who got murdered :() and it probably is him, Acevedo isn't a popular hockey name. But the number on the sticks isn't the one he had with the Monarchs so it's probably from his Kitchener days. Either way I thought it was just some kid from junior a or something, not an actual pro.

No wonder they're so good.

ManicSubsidal15

Jan 26, 2009
Long Island, NY
For a composite HARROW 300 SERIES Tapered shafts and blades.

For wood when using those until I switched to composites it would be MONTREAL M95 with the Polygraphite laminate, Eurpoean 6L (Euro curve 6 lie) model 9925 (Montreal's flex stiffness rating) Powerlight one piece stick, On the aluminum shafts MONTREAL M95 wood blades with the Euro curve, Koho Bluefibre or Profibre one piece sticks.

I was actually thinking about getting a harrow two piece. How do you like them?

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
I was actually thinking about getting a harrow two piece. How do you like them?

I've posted about them enough in here, other posters will groan about me blowing Harrow again.

Best stick I have used, very very durable well balanced and great fantastic puck feel. harrow opted for being a little heavier than other expensive sticks but sacrficed that for puck feel purposes in their design.

I'm pretty comnvinced if someone tries one they will like their sticks. if someone is used to an ultra light $200+ stick probably not.

I play defense and block slapshots, stick whack, skate whack etc and the stuff stays together, good enough for me. Not mention I shoot rockets with them and the sweet spot is consistent.

That's about it I guess, other than having to mail order as most stores do not carry them they are great. My local shop stopped carrying them after he switched to paying his money to Bauer for inventory. These bigger companies extend better prices and are obviously more popular and that is just how it is.

Word of mouth goes a long way however and because of that i will never buy a $200+ stick that will break just looking at it because it is so thin in materials. I spend about $140 for a 2 piece Harrow and after a year and half have broken 1 Harrow blade playing at least twice a week. They get an A+++ rating from me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad