Your favorite pick not named Powers.

markpenske

Jul 2, 2015
Took me a while to come around but I'm starting to like the Rosen pick. He's got a little Danny Briere thing going on

Reactions: Grinder44

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I am intrigued to see how the Russian draft picks work out long term. After avoiding Russia for so long, taking four Russians is very interesting.

The Sabres can send their development team (person) to visit all 4 on one single trip. Saves time and money.

It's economical, efficient, and, dadgummit, a darned good idea.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
For how sticky this forum is about getting names right or proper spelling, I love how OP spelled it Powers... its like a slow burn watching everyone slowly melt over it.

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Owen Power
Post of the year candidate. Definitely post of the post-draft winner!

Mike Myers
Sabres scouting staff reportedly now aggressively searching for a right-D named "Drevil".

Funniest and best post today. Had me laughing to myself.
Reminded me of when Bob Sauve was traded to Chicago. He was alwasy congenial, so the Buffalo reporters/broadcasters would always interview him at the old Chicago stadium, or when he returned to the Aud. Being French Canadian, he referred to both teams in the French plural form, "the Sabre" and "the Black Hawk".

The Sabres can send their development team (person) to visit all 4 on one single trip. Saves time and money.

It's economical, efficient, and, dadgummit, a darned good idea.
Hell, They'll already be able to see Power, Portillo, and Beecher in a single trip. They should have traded up to grab another Wolverine - Beniers, Johnson, etc., or traded for Bordeleau or Brisson.

Edit: Anyone know anything about UofM's Michael Pastujov? I thought I saw his name in the expansion draft thread. What's his trajectory?

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

member 329811

When's the last time we had Russians on the roster? Hoping it becomes a thing.

So - yes, the Russians are my favorite pick because it makes sense tapping into that pool of talent again.

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I read somewhere that the Sabres think Rosen can get to 6'0 185. If he does, he could be a monster

His father, Roger Rosen, played professional hockey in the SHL for 17 years. He was listed at 6’0” 198lbs.

That doesn’t mean that his son will reach that measurable, but genetics do play a part. I found it funny looking at the Power celebration. His father doesn’t appear to be that tall and athletic so perhaps the athletic ability comes from his mother’s side.

Adams talked about projecting kids into the future. I’m sure looking into their parents genetic traits is part of the process.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Hasn't Tage Thompson gained like 2 inches in height since he joined the Sabres?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
His father, Roger Rosen, played professional hockey in the SHL for 17 years. He was listed at 6’0” 198lbs.

That doesn’t mean that his son will reach that measurable, but genetics do play a part. I found it funny looking at the Power celebration. His father doesn’t appear to be that tall and athletic so perhaps the athletic ability comes from his mother’s side.

Adams talked about projecting kids into the future. I’m sure looking into their parents genetic traits is part of the process.

Forton talked about Rosen's genetics and how they expect that he will be able to grow a little bit more and how that was part of their decision making process when evaluating him.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011

That's to say if he really is the father.
Maybe Jerry Springer can look into it.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Mike-Myers-Austin-Powers-1-.jpg

Yeah baby! Yeah!

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad