Your favorite pick not named Powers.

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
With 9 selections in this year's draft. Who was your favorite not including Powers?
I liked a few of the Russian players. My favorite is Kisakov.
I know he is light weight but he is a playmaker and can score .
Runner up Poltapov.
Love having YouTube to watch highlights

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The March Sabres pre-Granato killed my love for hockey enough that my only answer is Power.

Every year since 2013, I felt good about knowing roughly 60-70 prospects; 100+ on a good year. (2015)

This year, about 10-12.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Honestly, they had a theme this year, and that theme was fast and skilled. Looking back at how the picks other than 1st overall played out, it makes perfect sense that they took Power over Eklund, for example.

As for a favorite pick, I'll reserve judgement until seeing some prospect camp stuff. Hard not to like a lot of things about a lot of these guys.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Poltapov, Kisakov, Marjala, Rosen, in that order. I like that this front office, and scouting staff, went pretty much all skill on their forward selections. In a shocking turn of events actually gave credence to Russian born talent and showed some actual brain power. We had a shot to include Chibrakov on this list, but overall, I was pleased by the diversity. I didn't like waiting as long as we should on a center. Lucius or Svechkov over Rosen would have been my preference, but I like Rosen.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Such a weird year. They should have had an 8th and 9th round. They'll be kids that will have terrific years that were undrafted.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Outside of the cringe factor of mis-identifying our new 1OA in the title of the thread, I would say Rosen since it brought out some goalie/no-goalie debate I was not even aware had gone on. It still makes me chuckle.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Kisakov if I had to pick one but Rosen and Poltapov as well. Bring me all the skill

Reactions: BananaSquad

dugman

Mar 21, 2008
Outside of the cringe factor of mis-identifying our new 1OA in the title of the thread, I would say Rosen since it brought out some goalie/no-goalie debate I was not even aware had gone on. It still makes me chuckle.
I was hoping the Sabre could swing a deal with the Krackens (still thinking we might get one with the Wilds) so that, in addition to Powers, we could draft Benier. Glad we didn’t lose
Girgenson in the expansion draft, though. I think Adam did a decent job….

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Poltapov.

Not a sure thing but he has such unique potential if he hits.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I’m super excited about both of the second round Russians, they both look extremely skilled and slippery which is something we’ve been badly missing the last ten years. We need line drivers that are difficult to defend.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
Powers can make an impact in three years. Think other players are out 3 to 5 years before they are ready for a try. Does anyone else see any ads chance to break the roster in 2 years??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad