Your favorite game of all time

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Game 7, 1999 Western Conference Finals. Dallas 4-1 Colorado.

Ed Belfour / Patrick Roy in the nets, Mike Modano, Joe Nieuwendyk, Brett Hull, Derian Hatcher, Guy Carbonneau, Sergei Zubov, Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Milan Hejduk, Chris Drury, Adam Foote skating around the ice. Dallas was down 3-2 in the series but won game 6 in Colorado and then pretty well dominated the 7th. Mike Keane -- a former Av, no less -- scored twice to ice it. Buffalo and Toronto were both awful coming out of the east that year, so we knew whoever won the WCF had the Cup in the bag; the third period of game 7 was more celebration than contest. Not the best contest, but a great feeling.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
2004 stanley cup finals lightning/flames Game 6. That was a tight match and you had the almost goal from gelina i believe. Puck looked to have crossed the goal line but with video replay you couldnt be absolutely sure resulting in a save for khabibulan. Game ends up going multiple OT periods with my favorite player scoring the game winner sending the finals back to tampa bay for a game 7.

For regular season games i gotta give a nod to the rangers/habs game where montreal came back from 0-3. The crowd was just electric. This game has even been added to the greatest montral games dvd.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
In person, game 2 SCF in 2006. Loves me a shutout.

College hockey, RPI @ Clarkson 1/22/09. No consequence to the game, but fast hockey, plenty of scoring, good chances, just an entertaining game. And Shea Guthrie scored his first OT winner of two that weekend. And I had a great seat, can't remember exactly, but I was either on the glass or two rows back or so, right in the corner.

Not in person?
Game 7 of the 2006 final, obviously. Also:
Game 1 of the SCF in 2002,
Both Hurricanes game 7s in 2009. Jeez.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad