Your fav NHL Moments, in person

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Last night when a flock of Sabres fans laughed at me on the streets of Buffalo.

those fans are more like Flock of Seagulls. After you saw them you ran ,you ran so far away, couldnt get away
IMG_7267.jpeg

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I haven't been to any historical games or anything like that. But back in the 2017-18 season I took my girlfriend (now wife) to her first hockey game. Isles v Jets. Barzal got a hat trick. :)

Reactions: Lights911

attilatheislander

It's Mr. Chicken Little to you!
Oct 10, 2014
California
The 2022 game in Anaheim was Disney night. A ten-year-old punk Ducks' fan, who was like something out of The Exorcist, kept shouting "Islanders suck butt" throughout the first two periods. When Brock scored on a breakaway to make the score 4-0 Islanders, the little spawn of Satan shouted the F-word at the top of his lungs.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Chatting with the Isles at Racquet and Rink in Farmingdale after their always open and free practices every weekend and during school holiday weeks in the late 70's. I had their autographs 20x over, LOL. Except for Denis Potvin, who always arrived like one minute before practice and blew by everyone saying that he's running late and he'll catch us after practice. Except, he'd sneak out some other door after practice.

Chico was a great guy. Not only would he stop and give autographs, he would literally sit in the stands and chat up kids and parents.

Even though they didn't exactly look alike, I'd always confuse Hart and Howatt. One time when I did that to Hart, he told me "that's Mr. Hart to you".

Andre St. Laurent gave me his stick once, and another time, when I asked Parise, he smiled, stuck out his stick as if he was going to give it to me, and then pulled it away and said "ahh, no!" while laughing. :) He did give me a puck. I had tons of pucks, most of which had an orange NHL logo printed on them.

Smitty would get pissed if guys shot high on him and he's literally skate after them in a rage.

Arbour was pretty serious on the ice most of the time. Not too much chuckling going on.

They seemed all to be really good guys overall.

We'd take the bus all the way down Hempstead Turnpike to get there, get off at Rt 110 and walk a few hundred feet. Sometimes we'd bring our skates and attend the public skating session on rink A after watching the Isles on Rink C. The snack bar had really good egg salad sandwiches!

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
- game 6 against the Pens in the playoffs. Uwe Krupp scored an empty netter to force game 7 Volek magic. I was in the last row of the Coli half standing the whole game (head touches the roof lol). Someone threw a stuffed penguin in a noose onto the ice, and the normally stoic Krupp picked it up, swung it a few times over his head and launched it back into the crowd. Pandef***inmonium

-Shawn Bates penalty shot. I still don't remember it going in. We were all cheering like he had already scored.

- some time in the late 90s i went to a game and wore a paper bag over my head. Was walking around the concourse and a guy with his kid was laughing and wanted to shake my hand. Even more hilarious was i recognized him right away as it was my neighbor, so when i took the bag off laughter intensified.

- one of my earliest Islander memories: went to a game with my dad and was just getting into hockey. Must have been late 80s, early 90s. I want to say it was Gord Dineen tried to send a breakout pass just behind our own net and flubbed it. Knocked it off the back of Billy Smith's pads and into our own net. Islanders lost the game 1-0. Crowd was chanting "Gordie, Gordie". Got home and my mom asked how the game was. My dad told her we lost but scored the only goal, lol.

Reactions: doublechili

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad