Your country wins or your team's prospect dominates

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
I don't have an enormous amount of national pride, but I still would prefer my country winning the WJC. Plenty of players have played great at the WJC and had very underwhelming NHL careers.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
How can you get confused in that? I'd prefer prospect dominating.

E:
To make it clear: Finnish prospect, I don't care so much about my NHL teams prospect dominating unless he's Finnish.

Okay, I just thought it would make more sense to prefer Finland to win in that case; then you could get them both (just a solid team effort won't do it, at least not in the juniors, i guess)

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
am I allowed to choose that I want to see my junior team's players dominate? If not country all the way.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
am I allowed to choose that I want to see my junior team's players dominate? If not country all the way.

and which junior team would that be, I'm having a little trouble figuring it out :sarcasm:

I would say it counts, the quetion was NHL prospect or country but we've already had someone say country prospect so junior team prospect works too

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
I rather have my country winning

There has been dominant Finnish players in junior tournaments not so successful (yet). Of recent memory Toni Rajala in u18 tournament who broke Ovechkins tournament record (most points).

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
I will take my country winning over the HABS prospects performance International tournaments are always about my country winning.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
RNH definitely dominated last years WJC and it was nice to see, but boy was I still ever mad.
Always go for your country

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Why can't i have both?

Because it's supposed to be difficult to choose :laugh:

If not everyone is clear what I mean, Detroit is my team, Anthony Mantha and Paterson are the only wing prospect in this tournament

I would dream of a scenario where Mantha would get 10 goals and 12 assists for 22pts. (or something better I haven't checked the stats to see what's really good in this tournament)

OR

My country Sweden, wins gold, but Mantha hardly score a point at all and has a poor tournament overall.

If you choose your country, your nhl team's prospect will have a poor tournament, but if you choose your NHL team's prospect to dominate and win MVP etc your country will not win Gold

That is a difficult question tbh

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Win for country obviously, guaranteed satisfaction. Prospect dominance doesn't mean anything for sure. Some prospects don't dominate and still end being good while others Filatov.

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
I'll always take a win for my country over my team's prospect dominating. Having them dominate does take away some of the bitter taste if your country doesn't win though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad