your choice for new assistant coach ?

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Jukka Jalonen - Mastermind from Finnish national team.
Igor Larionov - The professor
Rickard Grönborg - Swedish Top guy

Europe knows it better.

Yzerman will know it.
ide like new angles like these two from europe . though lirionov is a bit too arrogant for me

simonedvinsson

May 26, 2020
Does he actually want to be an assistant coach in the NHL though?
He wants to be a head coach. Seems to me that assistant to the head coach is a good starting point.

ide like new angles like these two from europe . though lirionov is a bit too arrogant for me
He might be a little arrogant, but he's got bold ideas that could make for some fun hockey if he can get a team to buy in.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Is Houda returning?

Larionov - offense & PP
Robinson (if he's not too old & has the energy/desire) - defense & PK

I think this duo (or very similar) would set us up for an easy transition to a HC upgrade. What current/past HC (Brind'Amour, Gallant), or candidate (Lambert, Larionov) wouldn't wanna work with the others in this group? With Rod, that'd be 3 HOF'ers behind the bench. +SY, LBOH & maybe Kronner one day, in the org.

EDIT: Kronner if Robinson isn't an option. (Fetisov ain't leaving Russia)

Last edited:
Reactions: alexislafreniere

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Not sure if Tampa let’s him go, but I would love Jeff Halpern. He’s TB’s third assistant, so he’s not running any special teams, but he’s been their on ice developmental coach. He’s earned rave reviews for his work, and Yzerman was the one that originally hired him, so there is a connection.

Reactions: Bench

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Not sure if Tampa let’s him go, but I would love Jeff Halpern. He’s TB’s third assistant, so he’s not running any special teams, but he’s been their on ice developmental coach. He’s earned rave reviews for his work, and Yzerman was the one that originally hired him, so there is a connection.

I wonder if that’s going to be the plan. Developmental mind with an org that’s developed some really nice players. A guy who has a connection to Yzerman. Someone fresh and relatively unproven in a primary assistant role. Fairly young and with room to grow.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I wonder if that’s going to be the plan. Developmental mind with an org that’s developed some really nice players. A guy who has a connection to Yzerman. Someone fresh and relatively unproven in a primary assistant role. Fairly young and with room to grow.
The Wings org. praised Halpern in his playing days too.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Hard working 2C/3C out of Princeton. He'd be a good fit for the team in terms of personality, but I'd prefer to have a coach that has more than 28 career PP goals.

He was playing for the Caps when they did their tank and played with Ovy for one season so he knows what a rebuild is. (He's also the only local player to have ever played for the Caps)

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Hard working 2C/3C out of Princeton. He'd be a good fit for the team in terms of personality, but I'd prefer to have a coach that has more than 28 career PP goals.

He was playing for the Caps when they did their tank and played with Ovy for one season so he knows what a rebuild is. (He's also the only local player to have ever played for the Caps)

Some of the best coaches in all of sports were some of the worst players though. All it takes is a sharp mind to understand why certain things work or identify gaps in the opposition.

Reactions: alexislafreniere

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
what's Don Cherry doing these days?

if we're stuck with Blash then f*** it lets at least go all in on the trainwreck and make it fun

Cherry’s head would explode behind the bench in low-budget horror film fashion the second his brain processed the impossibility that the grittiest, toughest, most physical Ontario boy on his team was, in fact, undeniably European.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Is Houda returning?

Larionov - offense & PP
Robinson (if he's not too old & has the energy/desire) - defense & PK

I think this duo (or very similar) would set us up for an easy transition to a HC upgrade. What current/past HC (Brind'Amour, Gallant), or candidate (Lambert, Larionov) wouldn't wanna work with the others in this group? With Rod, that'd be 3 HOF'ers behind the bench. +SY, LBOH & maybe Kronner one day, in the org.

EDIT: Kronner if Robinson isn't an option. (Fetisov ain't leaving Russia)

I kind of hope Houda is gone as well. The PK wasn't as bad as our PP but it still was far from good.

I'd like to get a defense/PK coach that is a little less "when in doubt chip it off the glass!" than Houda is. We have some prospects coming up with good wheels and good offensive instincts. I'd love the kind of coach that could come in and help improve that aspect of their games to activate the attack better for us. Someone that's better at structuring breakouts, as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00