OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
A bought a bunch of dumb knick-knacks (the Ovechkin/Cup bobblehead, a coffee mug, one of those cheap felt pennants, a puck, some magnets/stickers/pins) and two t-shirts.

They actually have a Custom Stanley Cup Champions T-Shirt page (where you can choose the shirt color + front logo + sleeve logo + custom name/number), so I got this:

file
Might be the greatest shirt I’ve ever seen

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
The grey official on ice hat is in the mail, I will be getting a shirt soon. Also was waiting to get a “the save” shirt until we won, so doing that too. Will probably get a flag/towel something to hang, and once I see a good framed team picture with the cup I’ll get that

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Ordered a puck, a couple of shirts and the 8" replica cup.

May get some more stuff later.

I have a good friend who is a Flames fan and he has the Flames replica Cup from 1989. I've always been jealous of him for having that. Not any more. Ha! Ha!

Edit: Forgot about the DVD. Ordered that. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
I want the hat and wouldn't mind the pint glass. But it's £30 shipping and £9 duty fee. So that's like what, 50 dollars? That's a lot more than the items themselves. Robbery I tells thee

Reactions: ovikovy817

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
While watching on TV the post game celebration outside Capital One, saw some folks holding up the FINALLY page from the Washington Post at which time I decided that the Washington Post was the first order of business to get as the tee shirts and hats etc. will be around for sometime. Went to the local 7-11 at 6:30 AM and the guy before me had just cleaned out the last few remaining WAPOs, he was dressed up in all Capitals garb and he advised that he had been to several 7-11s before he was able to find any papers. As I was getting in my car to leave, he came over and said here you can have one. Went on to Safeway to see if they had any and I found that they had an entire rack, so I bought a few more. My son's a big collector so I told him that one should be immediately framed while the other should be used to acquire the autographs of Capitals before future framing.

Also after their third win against Vegas, the four puck sets that were being advertised on TV for each of their series wins I went and purchased as well.

Sep 19, 2008
While watching on TV the post game celebration outside Capital One, saw some folks holding up the FINALLY page from the Washington Post at which time I decided that the Washington Post was the first order of business to get as the tee shirts and hats etc. will be around for sometime. Went to the local 7-11 at 6:30 AM and the guy before me had just cleaned out the last few remaining WAPOs, he was dressed up in all Capitals garb and he advised that he had been to several 7-11s before he was able to find any papers. As I was getting in my car to leave, he came over and said here you can have one. Went on to Safeway to see if they had any and I found that they had an entire rack, so I bought a few more. My son's a big collector so I told him that one should be immediately framed while the other should be used to acquire the autographs of Capitals before future framing.

Also after their third win against Vegas, the four puck sets that were being advertised on TV for each of their series wins I went and purchased as well.
there are two editions, I've got the normal Post that says all champs. FINALLY is a special edition given out to people around capital one arena. you can order it online

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I am still looking for the Weagle holding the barbell shirt that I saw Orpik and Niskanen wearing.
You won't find it unless you get a hookup with the team, it's exclusive to their strength and conditioning. They produce a lot of gear exclusive to the players. Weirdly enough Oshie just traded one of those shirts for a Christian Djoos shirt though.

NHL overall is really bad at making the gear they have their players wear available to the fans. The NFL is smart in this regard, anything you see a guy wearing you can basically buy. The MLB is hit or miss, most stuff you can buy. The NBA has just a terrible track record of keeping things in stock.

The reason this all sucks is as you can assume, the gear the players wear is usually the best stuff, it's higher quality and more comfortable.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You won't find it unless you get a hookup with the team, it's exclusive to their strength and conditioning. They produce a lot of gear exclusive to the players. Weirdly enough Oshie just traded one of those shirts for a Christian Djoos shirt though.

NHL overall is really bad at making the gear they have their players wear available to the fans. The NFL is smart in this regard, anything you see a guy wearing you can basically buy. The MLB is hit or miss, most stuff you can buy. The NBA has just a terrible track record of keeping things in stock.

The reason this all sucks is as you can assume, the gear the players wear is usually the best stuff, it's higher quality and more comfortable.

Hmm...interesting. I will ask someone I know with the team. Ive carried the Caps on my race car for tv races the last number of years. Its usually a straight trade for gear. I have a blue practice jersey with tie down and everything. I don't think that was out of the retail store. so...cant hurt to ask

CapsDC

May 2, 2018

I went out at lunch Friday but the papers were sold out everywhere. I had done the same thing after the ECF win and managed to get one, but figured I wouldn't this time. You can order from Wapo site though albeit costs a bit more so I got a couple of both editions. The only times I've ever bought newspapers to commemorate a day was the birth of my kids, until now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad