OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I can’t wait to show off my Reebok edge ovechkin winter classic jersey!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: calicapsfan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Anybody here an autograph puck collector? Has anybody used deco?

I have so many auto pucks, haven't used Deco. I stick with the gold Sharpie for players, silver Sharpie for the Ovechkin puck I got signed. Sorry I couldn't help.

I did find this doing a little research:

DecoColor Liquid Silver Opaque Paint Marker
The Deco can be king! But, I repeat “can.” It was almost universal with great collectors within the last several years. It can bring forth some of the most beautiful autographs and it has great durability with masses. However, racking multiple autographs with a deco is almost impossible as it takes a while to dry. This paint pen is more prone to smears, running, and blow-ups. You have to test it constantly as a dry or leaky Deco could ruin an item. You can’t open it straight from the packaging and start using it. You have to prep it as soon as you need it, but it can result in great looking items.

Autographs 101! Tip Of The Week! What Markers Should You Use? Paint Pens? Sharpies? Pen Guide To Graphing! | Mike The Fanboy

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
I have so many auto pucks, haven't used Deco. I stick with the gold Sharpie for players, silver Sharpie for the Ovechkin puck I got signed. Sorry I couldn't help.

I did find this doing a little research:

Autographs 101! Tip Of The Week! What Markers Should You Use? Paint Pens? Sharpies? Pen Guide To Graphing! | Mike The Fanboy
Thanks Sam. My question was if anybody knew over time if the paint would chip off. Couldn't find any results. Although did find soneone who had Gordie Howe sign. He threw out the sharpie and said paint pens are the way to go. I did take my puck out of my case i bought and pack into the sealed box i got from fanatics. We live in northern New England, and we don't have AC, so my room is hot. So i put it in a closet, which is cool, until this heat wave goes away.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
My WaPo issues were supposedly processed a week ago but still nada. And my tank top got shipped to the wrong address. :(

But when I get back from vacation, I’m taking my SI covers and signed save photo for framing! :)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
My WaPo issues were supposedly processed a week ago but still nada. And my tank top got shipped to the wrong address. :(

But when I get back from vacation, I’m taking my SI covers and signed save photo for framing! :)

I am doing this as well.

Just a quick note Micheal's is having a big framing sale starting Friday, like 40% off, so try and get in on that if you live near a Michael's, my friends gave me the coupon which is what is stirring me to do it now. :laugh:

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
I am doing this as well.

Just a quick note Micheal's is having a big framing sale starting Friday, like 40% off, so try and get in on that if you live near a Michael's, my friends gave me the coupon which is what is stirring me to do it now. :laugh:

I'd suggest UV glass and acid free mats for any signed photos.. they may have to last another 40+ seasons. ;)

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
I'd suggest UV glass and acid free mats for any signed photos.. they may have to last another 40+ seasons. ;)

For sure. Nothing worse than putting time +/or $ into an item and going cheap on the final presentation. Using cardboard backing or non-museum/archival quality matting next to a great piece ----> regret before dementia sets in and you don't care anymore.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
About time. I checked the mail last week and the Finally newspaper was rolled up in the mailbox, but no card. Was kind of worried.

Might even be in the mailbox right now, too lazy to check
just got my "finally" paper too. no card yet. and still waiting another WaPo.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Received the Washington Post book the other day. It's in my truck at the moment, but I got a chuckle when I opened the first page and it shows Ted lifting the cup. I was expecting Ovechkin, Backstrom, or someone other than Ted, lol.

Go Caps!

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
WMATA just shipped my Caps SmarTrip card.

Got mine the other day.

KQdlIfY.jpg

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I just got my fully insured counterfeit Wilson Jersey from the mainland. Medium was pretty f***ing big. Exchanges - ha!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad