OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
TBH, I only have one authentic Caps jersey. The rest are all Chinese bootlegs. I simply can't justify spending that much on a jersey, it's ridiculous. The one authentic I have is a signed Joel Ward that I'm too afraid to wear out because I have a tendency to splash beer on my jerseys at games.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I think instead of buying more tees and tchotchkes, my new project will be sweaters for the whole SC clinching roster. I've already got 8, 19, 43, and 70.
The only ones I'm missing are Kempny, DSP, Connolly, and Niskanen.

I do have a Grubauer World Cup of Hockey sweater, I don't know if that really counts though. But yeah, I've got everyone else that was dressed for game 5. All are legit, you get what you pay for I find.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The only ones I'm missing are Kempny, DSP, Connolly, and Niskanen.

I do have a Grubauer World Cup of Hockey sweater, I don't know if that really counts though. But yeah, I've got everyone else that was dressed for game 5. All are legit, you get what you pay for I find.
Jealous. But I agree you get what you pay for. And sure, the Gruby counts.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am itching to buy a Stanley Cup (no I am not a GM)....but my interior decorator may not like it. I ordered a 2nd pennant for the shed, and a champ puck. A 2nd set of player cards is a maybe, and I NEED a coffee mug for work,

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Looks like the rest of my stuff finally got delivered.

acx62r.jpg

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Definitely going to have to slide on over to DHgate and see if there's any of the bootlegs yet. Ordered a Carlson USA olympic jersey off there last year and it wasn't bad at all

JMUcapsfan07

Jan 29, 2010
NoVA
I can't help but think the NHL really botched this jersey/apparel contract. It seems like Fanatics is taking over everything except for the authentic jerseys and the quality just isn't there.

I'd be spending a lot more money if I hadn't been disappointed with the gear I purchased and almost purchased.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Dec 19, 2008
NoVA
Where are good places to buy knockoff Capitals jersey's?

I dont see any on DHGate, but haven't done more than search Capitals.
Bonanza.com and just search for the player. Seems weird but I just received an almost flawless Kuzy with the SCF patch. I do not feel bad in the slightest after spending well north of 3 bills on assorted merch from the NHL shop.

Reactions: RandyHolt

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Reactions: RandyHolt

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I can't help but think the NHL really botched this jersey/apparel contract. It seems like Fanatics is taking over everything except for the authentic jerseys and the quality just isn't there.

I'd be spending a lot more money if I hadn't been disappointed with the gear I purchased and almost purchased.
Fanatics is terrible, least adidas/reebok had quality control and cool stuff.....

Reactions: JMUcapsfan07

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Randy Holt should compare the quality between bootleg and fanatics caps merchandise....

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I can’t wait for a Canadian Reebok jersey, premier wasn’t the greatest quality...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad