OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Wouldn’t say it’s “bad” but black? Playing it super safe there. Gold jersey with everything else black with gold accents would have made it worth getting aesthetically instead of “just buy the new thing”.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
hey anyone on here had any luck getting official letters/names to put on the 90s era jerseys for example? assume this is a long shot

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Can anyone post some pics of some of the Old School promo giveaways from like 1978 thru mid-90's? Lost just about everything I had from back in the day

Esp. would love to see pics of signed stick giveaways (had cpl incl. 1 from early 80's w/Timo Blomqvist et al) , pucks, calendars/schedules, whatever you got...

One in particular I loved was a 8x10 or so commemorative mirror after the 83-84 season that had all the award winners (Langway/Jarvis/Riggin/Jensen/B.Murray), it was a brown wood frame and had pictures of the 5 winners in rectangled borders with their award listed; never found it online anywhere
Anyone have it or have a pic?!

Thanks!

here's a police artist rendering of my recollection: :baghead::dunce:
QmUwSfd.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Calicaps

chilimac

Nov 4, 2009
kent island
Can anyone post some pics of some of the Old School promo giveaways from like 1978 thru mid-90's? Lost just about everything I had from back in the day

Esp. would love to see pics of signed stick giveaways (had cpl incl. 1 from early 80's w/Timo Blomqvist et al) , pucks, calendars/schedules, whatever you got...

One in particular I loved was a 8x10 or so commemorative mirror after the 83-84 season that had all the award winners (Langway/Jarvis/Riggin/Jensen/B.Murray), it was a brown wood frame and had pictures of the 5 winners in rectangled borders with their award listed; never found it online anywhere
Anyone have it or have a pic?!

Thanks!

here's a police artist rendering of my recollection: :baghead::dunce:
QmUwSfd.jpg
Are you talking about something like this ?(no affiliation)

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Are you talking about something like this ?(no affiliation)
YES!! :cheers: :banana::scared::clap::handclap:
Great find chilimac, thanks, brings back some good memories

sAzYlOw.jpg

don't remember mine having the coke slogan, but it's been 30 years since I've seen it

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Its this "mom and pop" store called collector's heaven. They have locations in tyson's corner, springfield mall, and Potomac mills mall. November is the eta right now.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Just avoid the owner at all costs, he will charge over msrp. If you come to Richmond at short pump mall my friend who works there will hook you up.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Burn it with fire...
this. the 2021 red version was pretty cool, but these are hideous. that color combo was, is, and always will be an abomination.

YES!! :cheers: :banana::scared::clap::handclap:
Great find chilimac, thanks, brings back some good memories

sAzYlOw.jpg

don't remember mine having the coke slogan, but it's been 30 years since I've seen it
The coke slogan + the '80s staches is, well, truth.

Reactions: Corby78

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Man, I doubt they exist because it's such a niche thing but does anyone know where to buy replica Goalie helmets? Kolzig is my favorite player of all time, still need to get a white weagle for him, and I'd love to get a replica of either his or Keumpers. Just gorgeous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad