OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
29C64670-65AF-4B50-8549-7F4F5E792FBB.jpeg
The crown jewel, plain Breakaway signed by Ovechkin, Backstrom, Carlson, Alzner, Oshie, Holtby, Semin, Beagle, Niskanen, Orpik, Laich, Chinera, Joel Ward, Fehr, Ribeiro, Vokoun, Hamrlik, Vrana, Orlov, Hendricks, Neuvirth, Mike Green, Schultz, then Alexeyev, Samsonov, and Gersich on the front.

Sep 19, 2008
Adidas outlet in National Harbor, team store at the Arena has something half price game days, I think those are the only 2 B&M places I've bought Caps gear the last decade.

Interesting. I ought to head out there. I go to the Adidas store in Leesburg and they don't seem to carry anything Caps related. But yeah, those stores have huge sales sometimes. Bless outlet malls.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
I bought a 17-18 Upperdeck commemorative card set and on the back of Ovis cards it says he lead the league in goals for the 6th time in 17-18. But he actually led the league for the 7th time. Is this a misprint or am i reading something wrong? Picture attached

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_1621_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_1621_1024.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 45

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
My son asked for a replica Cup ring for Christmas, so me being the awesome parent I am looked into it. Well after a total of 50 hours of research, trying to avoid not getting what the picture in the ad shows (a common problem), avoiding scammers (there are a lot) and not wanting to spend $400 (Josten's price), I found one I felt comfortable getting.

I then hemmed and hawed before submitting my credit card info for two more days. Welp I ordered it on Nov. 5th and it came yesterday and man is it way better than I expected. All the postmarkings def indicate it came from China but it came earlier than the seller said it would.

Long post, sorry, but bottom line the thing is perfect!! It is heavy, looks almost exactly like the Caps ring and my son is gonna go ballistic when he opens it. :scared:

IMG_5397.jpeg IMG_5398.jpeg IMG_5399.jpeg

It came in a nice black box with bubble wrap and it was in a small ziploc as well. Needless to say I am writing this seller a stellar review.

Pre Sale CUSTOM NAME 2018 Washington Capitals Championship Ring Ovechkin Sz 7-14 | eBay

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Wow thats a nice replica, how long from order to arrival? Ebay shows its Jan 3-14 which is loooong, well after XMas.

I especially like how the logo's of the defeated are on the inside. Such good memories in there.

Ordered on Nov. 5th, received on Nov. 27th (USPS). FYI, when I initially ordered it said delivery between Dec. 5th and 10th, so obviously I received it well before those dates.

It is, and the defeated teams was the reason I chose that ring, as most of the replicas don't have that, not even the official Josten's one that is $400.

I played a little with it before I wrapped it and the weight is insane. I also tried to wiggle a few of the "stones" out and threw it in the air and caught it a few times, no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
My son asked for a replica Cup ring for Christmas, so me being the awesome parent I am looked into it. Well after a total of 50 hours of research, trying to avoid not getting what the picture in the ad shows (a common problem), avoiding scammers (there are a lot) and not wanting to spend $400 (Josten's price), I found one I felt comfortable getting.

I then hemmed and hawed before submitting my credit card info for two more days. Welp I ordered it on Nov. 5th and it came yesterday and man is it way better than I expected. All the postmarkings def indicate it came from China but it came earlier than the seller said it would.

Long post, sorry, but bottom line the thing is perfect!! It is heavy, looks almost exactly like the Caps ring and my son is gonna go ballistic when he opens it. :scared:

View attachment 159133 View attachment 159135 View attachment 159137

It came in a nice black box with bubble wrap and it was in a small ziploc as well. Needless to say I am writing this seller a stellar review.

Pre Sale CUSTOM NAME 2018 Washington Capitals Championship Ring Ovechkin Sz 7-14 | eBay
Dammit. My self-Xmas budget getting higher all the time.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
just got the new fanatics hoodie. light weight blue with the red stripe. love it already

Just saw that one and looks sweet. Just couldn’t pull the trigger on a 90 dollar sweatshirts. I got instead a gray one with the weagle and a red champions T. Still looking for some good deals on team photos and the caps DVD.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan and txpd

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think my next purchase will be a Pittsburgh Penguins toque. My dig has already destroyed 2 toques this year. The next one may as well be a Penn's toque.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
For Cyber Monday I bought a goalie stick signed by 10 Hall of Fame goalies. When I took it out the box it was like it was glowing like the Pulp Fiction briefcase. I’m on some mailing list from Fanatics that’s mostly Caps stuff but this thing kept off the page.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
For Cyber Monday I bought a goalie stick signed by 10 Hall of Fame goalies. When I took it out the box it was like it was glowing like the Pulp Fiction briefcase. I’m on some mailing list from Fanatics that’s mostly Caps stuff but this thing kept off the page.

The replica Cup I bought is packaged like the real Cup, honestly it is pretty damn impressive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad