The Athletic - Boston Your Boston Brrrrruins: TD Garden will be frosty this season in pursuit of better ice

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:hockey:

:brrr::cold:

Your Boston Brrrrruins: TD Garden will be frosty this season...

upload_2019-10-10_16-30-30.png

upload_2019-10-10_16-31-14.png

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Higher ticket prices
Narrower seats
More seats per row
Less leg room
Colder temps

It's like they are purposely going out of their way to get people to NOT want to go to games. What a weird business plan.

Don't forget the concessions and parking. Charlie sounds like they are some how not in control of any of the issues.

I'm done giving these people my money, I love the Bruins - I'll just do it from my family room.

Reactions: bbfan419

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Higher ticket prices
Narrower seats
More seats per row
Less leg room
Colder temps

It's like they are purposely going out of their way to get people to NOT want to go to games. What a weird business plan.

Let's be honest, they've never had a good business plan. JJ relied on a die hard fan base who loved it's Bruins..

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I went to 2 preseason night games and wore shorts and it was cold inside - and I sat on the glass and ice looked very good

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
With all the bodies in there i never had an issue with the temperature. It’s noticeably cooler at ice level, but the building always seemed warmer to me. Then again, i woke up this morning sweating with the living room being 59 degrees.

Mad Dr Pepper

Jun 28, 2015
Quebec
Well, that's a good thing! And for those complaining that it's too cold... I dunno. If I know that I'm going to watch ICE hockey, I wear warm clothes and live with it.

Better ice is better ;)

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
Wait so is this their fix for ice issues instead of installing the new ice plant? Or are they just saying that last year was made worse by the construction and it should be better this year before they put in the ice plant next year.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Wait so is this their fix for ice issues instead of installing the new ice plant? Or are they just saying that last year was made worse by the construction and it should be better this year before they put in the ice plant next year.
No, it'll be done after the deep playoffs.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Think of the amount of say, going to three games this year.
  • Two tickets
  • Parking
  • Food and Drink
Now think of the home theater system you could have applying that total dollar amount.

I took advantage of a pretty good offer from the Providence Bruins.

They had/have a package that included 2 tickets to the opener tomorrow night and 4 flex tickets, all in the 100's sections. Cost just under $17 a ticket.

Taking my son and a friend.

Tickets:$51

Parking: $7

Food:maybe $60ish

Total:Around $120 for the night..maybe a little more, call it $150

No, it's not NHL hockey, but they have plenty of good young players who will be at some point.

We'll have just as much fun.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I took advantage of a pretty good offer from the Providence Bruins.

They had/have a package that included 2 tickets to the opener tomorrow night and 4 flex tickets, all in the 100's sections. Cost just under $17 a ticket.

Taking my son and a friend.

Tickets:$51

Parking: $7

Food:maybe $60ish

Total:Around $120 for the night..

No, it's not NHL hockey, but they have plenty of good young players who will be at some point.

We'll have just as much fun...
Well sure. If you want to watch the P B's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad