Your BOLD 2013 Flames season prediction

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I definitely think the Flames have a good chance to flourish under Hartley.

I still think we have two big issues.

- The need for another Top 4 D
- and our confusing uncertain group of Centermen.

I don't like Butler anywhere near the Top 4. Maybe the answer can be internally filled through Brodie.

I think the Top 4 Flames defence both by 5 on 5 and on specialty teams interms of ice time needs to be:

1. Bouwmeester
2A. Wideman
2B. Giordano
4. Brodie

-----
5. Butler
6. Sarich
7. Smith(who I really like and I think he can log 18-21 very safe minutes when need be)

As for our Centers.

On our first line you could make arguments that any of Tanguay, Cammy and Iggy are the Center. Any, all of, none of them. I don't know. And who takes the most faceoffs of those 3? Iginla(maybe, probably). Who plays 200 feet and comes back and back checks of those 3?

Can Cervenka wins face offs and be a Top 2 line Centre at the NHL level?

I think Stajan and Jones are the closest thing we have to having normal centers and that's scary.

What we really need is for Backlund to arrive now. No more shifting over to wing. He's gotta be a Top 2 line Centre today.

If our Centers and our Top 4 D is good enough, then I think we make the playoffs and then who knows, anything can happen. If we are losing I'd point to these areas as why.

Just my 2.5 cents

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Bouwmeester finally explodes offensively under Hartley
This.

As excited as I am about the few new faces on this team, Im more excited about our underachievers and how they will respond to an entirely different system/staff

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
1. Jay Bouwmeester hits 10g 30a, and all of HF is drooling over him. (despite drooling, tons of threads with low-ball offers for him.)

2. Baertschi wins the Calder Trophy over Yakupov and Shultz.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Mikael Backlund becomes a top 6 center. Cervenka also shows that he can be a top 6 center.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Jarome continues his 30g season streak. ;)

As unlikely as this seems, Iginla still has the potential to be a 40-45 goal man in a full season in my opinion. Jarome is also a streaky scorer.

And it's possible if Iginla had a 45 goal season that 30 of those goals game in a 48 game stretch.

It is obviously very unlikely, but I do think it's possible. What it would require is Iginla coming out hot. If Iginla could start 8-8-2-10, then he'd have 40 games to get 22 goals.

A lengthy slump would make it impossible. I should add that the growth of Brodie, the aquisition of Wideman, and the addition of Hartley are key components. Also full seasons with Tanguay and Cammy whom he's shown a lot of chemistry in the past.

CalgaryFlames1240

Jul 2, 2011
Windsor
Backlund is forced to play 1st line C due to injuries and thrives

Brodie leads the D in points

Jiri Hudler scores half of our shootout goals

Winchester makes the team out of camp and Stempniak is traded for pick/prospect

Leland Irving is traded at the trade deadline

Iginla doesn't lead the team in points at the end of the season

The Flames don't hold a playoff spot until the last week of the season and squeeze in past Detroit

Flames are top 20 in faceoff %

Bartschi-Backlund-Glencross is our most productive line at the beginning of the season

Flames win the season series vs. the Canucks

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Ben Street makes the Flames as the teams 4th line center out of camp.

When is the Parade

Grand Marshall
Nov 30, 2008
104th Avenue NW
Bold prediction: Flames get out of the gate quickly and are in the race for the division lead until the trade deadline. They fade down the stretch and, in a very close race, end up finishing in the 12-13 slot. The Flames will be very entertaining and we won't be overly disappointed with the performance.

pdd

Feb 7, 2010
Hartley will try Glencross/Hudler/Iginla at some point during the season. Small skilled guy between two bigger skilled guys.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Flames win the Northwest division

............and for the record I don't think that's so much a bold statement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad