Lindgren or Gettinger get a call-up, they impress, and never go back to AHL

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Let's have some fun but be serious:

-Team plays slightly above .500 and is in contention for a Wild Card spot
-Jesper Fast hits 20 goals as Quinn gets him to shoot more
-Buchnevich continues his point progression to around 52 yet 3/4 of this board doesn't realize it and still wants to drive him to the airport
-Pionk puts up 30+ points and surpasses Shattenkirk on the RHD chart
-Namestnikov has a Chris Higgins on the Rangers like season and all we here around here is "blah blah blah $4million" every other post
-Hayes put up nearly 60 points and resigns for $6.7 per for a multiyear deal
-Spooner carries the team offensively for stretches at a time
-TDA is traded for a Jeff Taffe like return in January
-Claesson becomes a cult hero on this board and posts become like essays with his advanced stats compared to Klingberg and Byfuglien
-Adam Clenndening is still the answer
-Quinn becomes infatuated with Nieves and at times he does become "Boo Nieves: #1 C"
-Lettieri puts up 10 goals
-Lundqvist has a decent season but has his usual middle of the year ECHL stretch and Georgiev gets 5-7 games in a row
-Smith has a great camp and gets a letter on his jersey
-Rangers finally win a game in Brooklyn

Reasons and things that will make this board meltdown related to above:
-Chytil has a solid year but slumps around December-January for about a dozen games. Quinn scratches him for a game as part of the process and during that 48 hour period HFNYR turns into the Hulk
-Middlestadt outscores Anderson..but he's a -28 and the old "oh +/- is a garbage stat" alibi comes up
-Vesey traded at the deadline for a 2nd and 3rd.
-Ronning gets called up, only gets 7 minutes for that game
-Any and every Cody McLeod shift
-Some decent young bottom six player goes on waivers and the Rangers fail to claim him
-Julius Honka and Nichuskin are moved as part of a major trade that doesn't involve the Rangers

League trends:
-Chevy Chevyldayoff continues to be stingy with trades and the Preds return the favor to the Jets
-Toronto doesn't make the ECF
-Devils take a step back
-Flyers take a step forward
-Ottawa and Carolina fight for the worst record in the league
-Dallas doesn't make the playoffs again causing Seguin to hit UFA
-Calgary does exactly what they did last year
-Pittsburgh as usual finds a way to get some team's top player/deadline rental for the immortal Daniel Sprong

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
this is a good thread although I'm going to kind of do like @Edge did and make it more of a prediction thread

1. We finish in the 8-12 range unfortunately giving us another Gordie Clark special I'm smarter than everyone else reach pick
2. Shattenkirk is a stud for us
3. Brendan Smith returns to form and is actually dealt to make room for Libor Hajek early in the year.
4. Hajek becomes a stud for us.
5. Lundqvist struggles badly he's on the decline and it shows even more so this year. Georgiev gets around 30 starts.
6. Quinn does a better job than I expect and really has the team playing hard with an emphasis on defense first.
7. Marc Staal plays very well in this system.
8. Lias Andersson struggles to keep up with the pace. Chytil thrives early but slows down as the season progresses shows that he's a future star though. Howden passes Andersson on depth chart.
9. Mcleod to waivers by Nov
10. Spooner puts up the quietest 50 pts ever and is dealt
11. Zucc dealt at the deadline for very little as he starts to show a decline.
12. Hayes has a monster year refuses to stay and is dealt at the deadline.
13. Zibanejad shows why he is a legit #1 center. puts up 70 plus pts
14. Kreider is kreider
15. Buchnevich either becomes a star or continues to underwhelm. no in between. its this year for him.
16. Pionk proves to be a solid nhler
17. DeAngelo see buchnevich
18. Vesey improves but not by much.
19. Skjei returns to form.
20. Jesper Fast has his best season
21. Gardner bans me at least 3 more times before the season starts ;)
Dumb comment

Here’s my own though-
Rangers end up with 10 picks in the first 3 rounds.
Andersson disappoints this year leading to HFNYR calling him a bust
Chytil becomes a god
Pionk ends the season as our best defenseman/second best
We just miss the playoffs (around 20th in the league)
Spooner/Namestnikov both traded draft day to move up in the draft
Hayes return underwhelms and he breaks out at another team
Skjei sucks again
DeAngelo doesn’t improve
Buch hits 60

Last edited:

Cag29

94! I’m ready for more! LGR!
Jul 18, 2018
My surprise will be after watching my 44th season of NY Ranger hockey when we select a Jack Hughes 1st overall.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Narrowed it down to a single prediction per category:

The Good
Georgiev is legit. He has a strong season and takes a lot of the strain off of Hank.

The Bad
Hayes continues his excellent play, but we're forced to trade him at the deadline for a discounted price.

The Ugly

Pionk works his ass off, puts up a respectable amount of points, and gets pinned in his own zone routinely. The board implodes on itself.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The Bad

Chris Kreider continues to run hot and cold and is once again scores at closer to a 21 goal clip.

.... And many say yes, but he is only 27 years old, and AV ruined his career, and it's only his 7th season, and Quinn doesn't know how to use him, and his linemates suck, and the team sucks, and he can jump out of a swimming pool, and that some players take longer to develop, and next season it will all come together, and................................................his perpetual defenders go crazy that one dare say a negative word about him, while it's okay to torch anyone else other than a Russian player, because to not love any Russian player makes one anti-Russian.

Reactions: ReggieDunlop68

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
this is a good thread although I'm going to kind of do like @Edge did and make it more of a prediction thread

1. We finish in the 8-12 range unfortunately giving us another Gordie Clark special I'm smarter than everyone else reach pick
2. Shattenkirk is a stud for us
3. Brendan Smith returns to form and is actually dealt to make room for Libor Hajek early in the year.
4. Hajek becomes a stud for us.
5. Lundqvist struggles badly he's on the decline and it shows even more so this year. Georgiev gets around 30 starts.
6. Quinn does a better job than I expect and really has the team playing hard with an emphasis on defense first.
7. Marc Staal plays very well in this system.
8. Lias Andersson struggles to keep up with the pace. Chytil thrives early but slows down as the season progresses shows that he's a future star though. Howden passes Andersson on depth chart.
9. Mcleod to waivers by Nov
10. Spooner puts up the quietest 50 pts ever and is dealt
11. Zucc dealt at the deadline for very little as he starts to show a decline.
12. Hayes has a monster year refuses to stay and is dealt at the deadline.
13. Zibanejad shows why he is a legit #1 center. puts up 70 plus pts
14. Kreider is kreider
15. Buchnevich either becomes a star or continues to underwhelm. no in between. its this year for him.
16. Pionk proves to be a solid nhler
17. DeAngelo see buchnevich
18. Vesey improves but not by much.
19. Skjei returns to form.
20. Jesper Fast has his best season
21. Gardner bans me at least 3 more times before the season starts ;)

Yeah but at least a Gordie Clark special at 8-12 is more defensible than if he went off the board at 2 or 3

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
.... And many say yes, but he is only 27 years old, and AV ruined his career, and it's only his 7th season, and Quinn doesn't know how to use him, and his linemates suck, and the team sucks, and he can jump out of a swimming pool, and that some players take longer to develop, and next season it will all come together, and................................................his perpetual defenders go crazy that one dare say a negative word about him, while it's okay to torch anyone else other than a Russian player, because to not love any Russian player makes one anti-Russian.

Kreider speaking Russian should cause some criticism if the Kreider-defenders and Russian-haters are the same people

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
DeAngelo becomes our 2nd best offensive defenseman and his underlying numbers finally hit the stat sheet.

Pionk takes a step back as his underlying numbers hit the stat sheet.

Buchnevich takes another big step like he did last year and becomes a 60 pt guy

Vesey becomes A power forward and is rewarded for it on the stat sheet.

Hayes starts the year on the wing and can’t “find his groove”.

And for the safest bet in hockey: Ryan Gropp is officially labeled a bust, throwing massive doubt into the FO and draft team

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I expect the Rangers to finish anywhere between 6 and 12. That will depend on a bunch of factors--1. how well Henrik can hold it together 2. injuries 3. whether or not at least 2 or 3 of our skill players can exceed what they've done before 4. whether or not players like Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Hajek etc. etc. show they are ready and can contribute.

If all those things work in our favor we might be in the running for a playoff spot maybe into late February--early March but I think we'll fall short anyway--and likely we'll be a seller again at the trade deadline--Henrik?--doubtful on moving this year even if he decides he's had enough--Hayes, Zuccarello---unless the Rangers extend them will probably leave at least by then. Spooner could be another and depending Kreider or Buchnevich. Pionk is going to work out--DeAngelo isn't.

We will be regularly outhit. We will be the softest team in the league.

If Hajek, Lindgren show well this year--this will be Marc Staal's last year. If they show they're ready or really close Marc gets bought out next summer.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
O and while I’m here let me do my best Larry brooks impersonation: Boston guy get the C because Boston guy coach and Boston guy GM

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
He didnt almost make the team last season..

Yes, he did. Try watching the pre-season with your eyes open this year. Fontaine was one of the last cuts of the pre-season. You see, when you get sent down right away in the pre-season, you didn't almost make the team. When you are one of the very last cuts, you almost made the team. It's not hard to figure out but it seems you can't grasp this. :)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
I dunno man. This team was still reasonably competitive or in contention during some of the past wars.

The more interesting personalities around here are going to be wound pretty tight around Janaury.

Yeah you’re probably right. I just wanted to make a joke about Nash’s kid cause that was such a ridiculous moment here.

If they’re bad all year but a lot of the highly regarded kids stick and get called up, I think they’ll be more patience.

If it’s a full season of losing with mostly vets and little breakout by kids, it’s gonna be a bloodbath.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I can't imagine them being a dumpster fire out of the gate will be a surprise ;)
giphy.gif

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
ADA becomes our #1 D

Staal gets scratched

One of the Young D replace him

Hayes has a down year and gets traded

Spooner stays Names gets traded

Zucc is extended

Buch only puts up 40 pts

Anderson and Chytil float around the 50 pts mark as they play somewhat steady

We win the draft lottery.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yes, he did. Try watching the pre-season with your eyes open this year. Fontaine was one of the last cuts of the pre-season. You see, when you get sent down right away in the pre-season, you didn't almost make the team. When you are one of the very last cuts, you almost made the team. It's not hard to figure out but it seems you can't grasp this. :)
Please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
He was cut the same day as Halverson. Did Halverson also make the team? There were 20 forwards left in camp after him.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
He was cut the same day as Halverson. Did Halverson also make the team? There were 20 forwards left in camp after him.

Halverson was thisclose to grabbing the top spot of every single depth position on the team.

There were times during training camp where I would not have traded Fontaine for McDavid.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I think that....

- Andersson will not have travel fatigue and play very well for Quinn's NYR. He'll flirt with 20 goals on the year.

- Chytil starts off well, but digresses and plays in the bottom 6 for the rest of the season. He'll flirt with 20 assists, though.

- Smith comes back to form and is a perfect defensive partner with either Pionk/DeAngelo.

- Hayes plays well, but still gets moved at the deadline and still goes to free agency.

- Vesey plays well and gets an extension. He'll also have the 2nd most fighting minutes on the team.

- Fast will be on the top line with Kreider and Zibanejad and that line will flourish.

- Namestnikov and Spooner both put up 35-40 points on the year.

- Meskanen will make the team out of camp and be a solid grinder, similar to Hagelin.

- Rangers will bring in a few UFA's on training camp tryouts and the one to sign a contract will be Tomas Jurco.

- Mazanec beats out Georgiev for the back up position, but has consistency issues. NYR sign Kari Lehtonen as the backup.

- Georgiev will make the AHL ASG.

- Hajek doesn't make the team out of camp, but Kampfer AND Bigras do.

- Kravtsov will play an NHL game this season.

- Zucc either gets dealt at the deadline or given an extension. No walking at free agency.

- Upper management realizes that McLeod was a mistake. They'll waive him and bring back Tanner Glass.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Reactions: eco's bones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad