Your biggest stuff-ups/embarassing moments

Phoenix

Mar 26, 2006
Ok, spill it here, what's your most embarrassing hockey moment, or biggest stuff up. Guess u should rate your skill level too - might make it better or worse lol.;)

Gah, mine is absolutely terrible....it'll take me ages to live this one down. I'm a beginner player but hopefully at a stage where I'll move up soon.
ANYWAY, got my first ever penalty shot, and because we were short a goalie, I got it against an empty net with the tarp across it. Thought gee this would be dead-easy, and I skated in extra-slowly to make sure I wouldn't stuff up....but made the mistake of not concentrating as much as I should have...puck sails in and CLANG hits the post.

ARGH
What made it worse was that of course the players from the higher levels who I want to impress were there to see it, but of course weren't around earlier when I did some much more wonderful work in the game. :shakehead

So can anyone beat me?!

HABSMANIA21*

ya at the beginning of my game people went on the ice before they were supposed to. so i got a penilty shot. the ice was all sticky so i skate down stickhandling when i reach the top of the circle the puck gets stuck so it took me like 2 wacks to really move it. didnt score because the players alrewady cought up to me

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
i got you all beat. In my mens league game i was driving to the net hard and the goalie sprung up and punched me in the face and dropped me hard. Everyone on both teams is laughing their ***** off at me so i'm going back to the bench all pissed. I go to swing my stick against the boards, miss the boards, the stick flies out of my hand and hit's all the extra sticks on the bench, knocks them over. Then during the course of all that tripped and landed square on my face. Can anyone beat that?

Blindsided

Jul 2, 2006
at the rink
I dont think i can beat any of those stories but i was in a similar situation to the first two posts. I got my first penalty shot in a game against an inexperienced goalie and i thought that it would be a peace of cake to score on her because i scored on her on a breakaway the day before. So I took my time going in and i made sure i got the shot i wanted but unfortunately i shot it wide. This wasnt very embarrassing but i hated myself for missing it.

But i have another story that's embarrassing. It was the last tournament of the season this year and we were in the semifinal game against a pretty tough team. Im a fast skater so i love to try and get to pucks before theyre called for icings. This time i wasnt able to catch up to the puck and as i went to do a hockey stop I lost and edge and fell right on my butt in the wide open ice when no one was even near me. Its not that embarrassing but i always found it funny and people get a good laugh out of it when i tell them the story.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
In a practice we were doing full length sprints red line to red line and back, if your last you have to do them again. Well I wiped out stopping so I figure I'm completely screwed, but I look up and one of my cocky teamates is just coasting after seeing me fall. Hes about at the red line and i'm halfway to the first blueline and I go in an all out sprint, I beat him by a hair. Except I was so concerned with beating him I wasn't really paying attention and instead of stopping I went into the boards full speed and gave myself a minor concussion.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
In a practice we were doing full length sprints red line to red line and back, if your last you have to do them again. Well I wiped out stopping so I figure I'm completely screwed, but I look up and one of my cocky teamates is just coasting after seeing me fall. Hes about at the red line and i'm halfway to the first blueline and I go in an all out sprint, I beat him by a hair. Except I was so concerned with beating him I wasn't really paying attention and instead of stopping I went into the boards full speed and gave myself a minor concussion.

hahaha o man this one takes the cake sorry man thats funny as hell

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

We'reGonnaWin*

ya at the beginning of my game people went on the ice before they were supposed to. so i got a penilty shot. the ice was all sticky so i skate down stickhandling when i reach the top of the circle the puck gets stuck so it took me like 2 wacks to really move it. didnt score because the players alrewady cought up to me

What the hell kind of penalty shot is this?

Brownies

Not that embarrassing, but I got hit the worse way i could imagine. I think that my head hit the ice first with my feet still in the air, but i'm not really sure. Took me a lot of time finding my bench, acting like Ron Francis after getting hit by Scott Stevens. :help:

Sm0otHocKeySPeeD

Aug 1, 2007
Flushing, NY
I Got You All Beat!!!!

About 5 years ago I was playing in a D1 mens league here in NYC.

Right off the face off, I win, toe dragged it and snapped a twisted wrista between the centers legs and top shelfed it to the blocker side. Sweet goal BTW...

I had a few friends who worked in the pro shop watching behind the glass.

I was so excited that I scored off the face off, that as I skated to my teammates for high five's, I caught an edge and ended up on my knee's right in front of my teammate's groin area.

Kinda looked like I was goin in for a BJ...:biglaugh:

I was soooooooo embarrassed and he just started laughing.

Thank GOD that goal helped overshadow it a bit.

BEAT THAT!!

-B

NICO NICO PANIC

Jan 12, 2007
I played a bit of goalie when I was like 10-11 years old. Off the face-off, this kid skated in with the puck, found some space, and fired a shot over my head. At the time, I figured it would sky over me and over the net, which is why I didn't glove it down.

Needless to say, the puck went right over my head and into the net.

Last edited:

Redden Hogalot*

Playing in net when I was 9-10 years old and i'm not a goalie. Losing the game 7-2. I was brutal. :biglaugh:

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
It's not hockey and it's not me, but my friend once scored 3 goals on his own net in one soccer game. And he didn't do any of them on purpose.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Discoving that mad skilz(okay moderate skillz) in floor hockey do not translate that well into ice hockey, and being absolutly horrible on ice.

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
Discoving that mad skilz(okay moderate skillz) in floor hockey do not translate that well into ice hockey, and being absolutly horrible on ice.

I know what you mean. I've played road and floor hockey all my life, really good at it. The second I got on the ice it took me a whole season just to adjust and play mediocre. In my first game I played 3 shifts of a 40 minute game because I was too embarrassed to play.

Another embarrassment...passing the puck back to a player on the other team calling for it. ********* thing to do, but he got me hook line and sinker.

Nbr-17

Aug 15, 2006
Stouffville, ON
Waiting for the Zamboni to get off the ice...as soon as it does I open the door...get on the ice...and slip...get up...slip again, finally i decide to look down at my skates...skateguards were still on :o

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I had a nick in my skate I didn't know about. I skate down 2-on-1, teammate feeds me the puck, I wind up and then I'm staring at the lights. Well the guys on the bench are laughing, I get up, and I'm wide open, so they feed me the puck again, same thing. Next shift I get the puck on a breakaway, deke the defender, then slide down the zone on my ass. Tried to do a sliding Ovechkin pass with the stick but I just look like a starfish instead.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Got a clear cut breakaway...went in, made my move...went to shoot the puck....

and it rolled off the heel of my stick.

I had enough sense to kick it back and I jammed it in behind the goalie...but still...from a clear cut breakaway to just shoving it in...:biglaugh:

crashlanding

Nov 29, 2005
Chicago
Waiting for the Zamboni to get off the ice...as soon as it does I open the door...get on the ice...and slip...get up...slip again, finally i decide to look down at my skates...skateguards were still on :o
I did the same thing, only with the way the rink was set up I had to go through the opposing team's bench to get to the ice and skate to my bench. So I walk out of the locker room and I'm about to step on the ice in the middle of the other team's warmup so I say "excuse me" so nobody takes a slapshot as I'm going past and when everyone's paying attention I step on to the ice and immediately fall on my ass...damn skate guards.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
In baseball we were doing windsprints and being a catcher I have to go full gear. A few of our infielders are laughing because me and Corrie (the other catcher) keep bringing up the rear. The last piece I take off, make the turn and give 'er...well...I caught my foot in a gopher hole and go flying...like 3 feet in the air and land face first right by home plate.

Our coach had to leave he was laughing so hard. Winded myself and had some hardocre field burn.

n1254240157_30302647_7215.jpg

Mmmm field burn

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Mine was in soccer.. It was the intramurals for my school, and it was the championship game. I'm playing net and we're in extra shooters.

So this fat girl comes up ready for a kick and I'm just envisioning it in my head the normal thing that happens when a girl tries to kick the ball. She barely hits it and it spins slowly towards me.. So as soon as she lines up for the kick, I drop to my knees.. Somehow the ball hits the crossbar, I turn around to swing at it and pull it out, but it dropped into the net. That was the winning goal.

That was my embarassing moment in sports.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Bah, mine's pretty stupid. We were deep in their zone, a shot gets on net, there's a big fat juicy rebound, I drive to the net, get tripped, fly in the air and land square on my tailbone, I'm rendered useless as it's gawd aweful just trying to walk, and you can forget about running.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad