Your biggest fantasy mistake

Here4ThePopcorn

Oct 5, 2018
Two years ago I traded Vasilevskiy for puljaarvi and a 4th in a keeper pool -.- kick my self all the time for it.

CCook37

Jun 11, 2014
Chicago, IL
I trade Mikko Rantanen for Scott Darling, Marko Dano, Jake Dotchin and a 2nd round pick in a dynasty league. I thought Darling was the real deal. whoof.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Just tell a quick story. What's the biggest blunder you made in fantasy? Be honest, people.
A 3-way that involved these 2 lovely ladies...

maxresdefault.jpg

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
I traded rantanen for eric staal 2 years ago to gain points and win but ended up not winning and in a keeper rantanen>>>>>staal

This summer i also traded my 1st round pick (13th) and jeff skinner for the 4th overall pick cauz i wanted quinn hugues real bad. The guy ended up drafting kravstov and skinner is having a monster season. I dont think its that bad of a trade but with skinner in my lineup instead of hugues this season i would of been a contender.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Not too bad recently, but in my early days of fantasy it was probably dropping Kessel like a week into the season and finished with 80 points in TO.

Or a few years back when Monahan had a pretty slow start. I waited half way in to season before finally giving in and dropping him (damn C only spot). He got me a hattrick that night and went on too have like a PPG the rest of the season on someone else's team lol.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
For me it was trading Brad Marchand and Jeff Petry for Alex Steen and Colton Sceviour in the summer of 2010 in my keeper league. Marchand was coming off a 0-1-1 line in 20 games for the Bruins as a rookie and Petry was just starting his pro career.

At least I won the cup the next year and Steen was very valuable to that...but by 2013 he was gone for a 1st rounder I used on Samuel Morin, all I had left was Sceviour who was a decent role player for a couple of years...and nearly a decade after the trade, Marchand is elite and Petry is very good.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I traded Point for Viktor Arvidsson 2 days before Arvidsson went on the IR....

I'm in a league where you need 2 Centers, 2LW and 2RW, and I already had Eichel and Malkin, so I gambled on trading Point.

:banghead:

To make up for it I sold high on Debrincat and was able to get Brad Marchand when he was struggling for him.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Drafting Gostisbehere over Carlson.

Dropping Point in a keeper league (points only) as I already had Tavares, Seguin and Aho eligible for the C position. Thankfully, I drafted Pettersson to ease the sting just a bit.

AvalancheSpeedsters

Aug 2, 2005
Kamloops, BC
During McDavid's sophomore year, right after the draft I traded McDavid AND Draisaitl for Tavares, Carlson and Landeskog. In theory it gave me more depth but McDavid had a terrific year and Draisaitl as a "throw in" (in which he ALSO had a great year). Ouch.

That was the year Landeskog had 50 points or so while Carlson did "ok" with about 38. Ugh.

SakicHOF2012

Dec 4, 2011
Before the start of the 2017-2018 season in one of my keeper leagues I traded Blake Wheeler for Rasmus Ristolainen because I was hurting at D. And as we know Risto laid an egg last season and Wheeler had a career year with 90+ points. As it turned out it didn't hurt me because I won the league. But trading is definitely a weak spot in my managerial arsenal.

Elitersson

Unregistered User
Feb 22, 2016
Traded Taylor Hall after his 53 point season in NJ for Dylan Strome, Zibanejad, and a 2nd. I won last year regardless but definitely wish I could undo that one.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Traded prospect David Pastrnak for Chris Kunitz years back in an attempt to win the title. Kunitz was VERY valuable back then due to point total, hits etc... I won the title that year but still cringe at the fact i dont have Pasta anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad