Proposal: Your best player for how many 1st round picks?

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Just for fun...how many first round picks would you want for your top player? For example, would McDavid fetch 10 first round picks? Maybe he's a bad example as
I can see Edmonton fans saying they wouldn't take 100 picks...

loyaltotheend

May 5, 2016
St. John's
Just for fun...how many first round picks would you want for your top player? For example, would McDavid fetch 10 first round picks? Maybe he's a bad example as
I can see Edmonton fans saying they wouldn't take 100 picks...

I wouldn't accept any amount of 1st round picks for Matthews. Why would you? No guarantee where they fall, could all be in the bottom 10, where it would be extremely difficult to find an equivalent player.

Probably true for almost any fan of any top player

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
All first round picks aren't created equal, so thats going to make this difficult to judge.

In 2010, i'd have given up anything for the Oilers next 5 first rounders, but not much for the hawks (easy to say in retrospect, i guess). Alternatively, I wouldnt give you much for Oilers next 5, while the Canucks/Colorado on the other hand...?

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
If I was a GM and someone offered me five 1st round picks for Price, I'd call our contending dreams a day and do it.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'd want the first round pick of the team Matthews is traded to for for the rest of his career.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
If I was a GM and someone offered me five 1st round picks for Price, I'd call our contending dreams a day and do it.

That's almost a no brainer. Price is great, but he's not going to be around forever. You should be able to build around Drouin and Chucky with 5 more 1sts, on top of the now lottery picks you'd likely get. (EDIT: I mean non-playoff picks, not top 3. I hate the new lottery rules, for the record.)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
um id wait till draft day and trade getzlaf for the top center in next draft + 2 1sts.

Rebuild on the fly.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
That's almost a no brainer. Price is great, but he's not going to be around forever. You should be able to build around Drouin and Chucky with 5 more 1sts, on top of the now lottery picks you'd likely get. (EDIT: I mean non-playoff picks, not top 3. I hate the new lottery rules, for the record.)

Absolutely, but man would that **** off most of the fans. He's the face of the franchise after all and trading him would claim nothing's sacred anymore.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
For Jamie Benn I'd say maybe six first rounders.

With how the league and new draft lottery is going there's a good chance at one of those picks being a top 3, never know where a team will be at in 6 years. It's hard to stay on top for that long.

Frees up cap space to sign a replacement next year, maybe someone like JVR.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
If we are talking picks 20-30, I don't care if you're offering all of them. 3 top 20, preferably one of those a top 5 and another top 10, and you've got yourself a deal. All in the same draft, though, only. A good draft.

Hah.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Depends on what team's first I am getting them from. Vegas, maybe 3. Edmonton, 7+

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I mean, if a first rounder encompasses any pick from 1-30 and we aren't given a team to predict the placement of the picks I'd want a minimum of five for Horvat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad