Your best breakaway move

SSM12

May 30, 2004
North Carolina, USA
I used to deke when i was younger, but my shot has gotten alot better now so I jsut skate in and shoot, sometimes i don't even try to sell the deke, i mainly go high corner glove, just my tendency

as for dekes, if I deke, i come off one wall and do 2-3 fake dekes and go to the far side depending on where the goalie commits. Nothing fancy, but effective. Im to smart to try the Malik and have a chance to miss.

but recently, on breakaways i just dump it in and go for a change

Nov 28, 2006
My best move involves waiting too long and believing that I am better at deking than I really am. What has worked for me is I just skate as hard as I can (I'm real slow) and just look down and shoot up lol

desperateblue

Jun 17, 2004
For the last year I have been pulling the Datsyuk Toe drag pullback move and if in the rare occasion I get two break aways or chances I always do the Cammalleri One where you pull the puck from behind through your legs.No goalie has stopped that move yet, in at least 10 trys.

ThatOneGuy*

I shoot left, I skate in basically completely in the center of the ice, once I get to the hash marks I fake the back hander and cut to the left as wide as I can go, usually the net is completely open.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Basically I do the Martin St. Louis, except instead of just stopping and backhanding the puck, I sorta turn so I'm facing forward and(if it works) slip the puck into the empty side of the net

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Used to do the forehand to backhand, but lately goalies just stand there and don't move or drop to butterfly. I try to swing in from the side and really get them moving laterally but the last few games I've always had a defender get back too fast and I manage to hit a piece of pad or glove.

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
Skate as hard as I can. Drop to my knees at the hash marks and tuck the puck between my knees. Ram the goalie.

lampliter87

Aug 14, 2007
Potsdam, NY
come in on the right side hard(im a right handed shot), while stickhandling, fake it hard to the backhand(as if to pull it around the goalies pad), then gently slide the puck five hole

Suzuki x 14

GoHabsGo
Mar 14, 2006
Montreal
I have 4 moves in my repetoire that i use.
..im a left handed shot

1- come in down the middle at full speed, and let a snap shot go blocker side, id say works 90% of the time

2- again down the middle, fake shot with the leg kick, pull it to the backhand and upstairs, basically crosby vs theodore..works 75% of the time

3- come in on the left wing, i cut across the front of the crease opening the goalies legs and sliding it 5 hole..works 75% of the time

4- Ive mastered the pavel bure deke comming in on the right wing, cut in front of the net, fake going backhand, kick to my forhand and slide it in, works EVERY time

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
I'm a lefty. Assuming it's a righty goalie...

1. Come in on an angle, shoulder shrug in the mid-slot.... fake backhand, then quickly bring it forehand and shoot in one motion blocker side.

2. The Vinny Damphousse move where you go backhand, slowly curl it back to the middle, do a shuffle deke forward, then go high blocker. The first move is just to get him thinking, the second one freezes him, then you just have to beat his blocker.

3. And the Flamingo that everyone else is doing these days a la Crosby. Lift leg, flick open face of blade, then cruise in and tuck it backhand.

All that with my eyes closed and fingers crossed.

jdmef8vtec*

i like coming straight on looking like im gonna wrist it, fake left, either toe drag it right and get the goalie out of position or slide it between the legs as hes sliding over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad