Your best breakaway move

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
What is your favorite move when on a breakaway?I like to go with the fake shot to freeze the goalie and get him to open up the silp it 5hole the ice on the back hand.Or the the Peter Forsberg/Jussi Jokinen leve behind,as a right hand shot thow I think this move is often a bit more tuff then it would be for a left hand shot.

vincetheprince

Mar 28, 2007
I improvise although i usually do the Crosby one vs Montreal. I also have done the peter forsberg move and also a few pavol demitra goals(goes really wide and shoots)

Happy Pony

Jan 17, 2006
Columbus
I prefer to shoot. Or the fake shot, then fake like I'm going backhand and then back to the forehand, and put it in the open net

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
when im in a skills competition i likes to either do the marek malik between the legs or the robbie schremp where he shoots pretty much behind his back. in a game i usually just deke to the forehand, backhand, and back to the forehand or vice versa.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I go between my legs like Marek Malik flip the puck up into the air and have it land on the back of my hockey blade and then I put the puck in my arm-pit.. do a triple sow-cow jump and drop the puck where I kick it with the back of my skate across and wrist it just under the crossbar.

HABSMANIA21*

i always do some crazt deke, i never shoot but i always score when i shoot not everytime deking

avalanche45

Jul 11, 2006
fake shot forsberg on penalty shots/shootouts
Breakaway i will some times go between the legs, other times i got high glove side.

Harbinger04

Jan 29, 2007
boston
dunno im usually with someone so i either fake the pass or actually pass it depending on how i read the goalie

other than that i usually just get the goalie to spread his legs with some move or fake and then i meg him

HABSMANIA21*

put it through his legs and spin like a ballerina and jump and spin and jump and spin and jump

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
My moves tend to be fairly basic. I can do the Zhamnov move, but I've only used it in shootouts.

I usually control the puck on my forehand, outwait the goalie forcing him to commit and go down, glide more to the forehand side and roof it.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Nothing fancy, fake wrist shot, then I go to the backhand. I've perfected it though with the the head/leg fake, and the quick hands to get it to the backhand very quick....In the past 2 years i've had a 100% success rate in about 12 tries using it either on a breakaway or a shootout (yea one of my leagues has a shootout now if there is a tie).

Meichel Kane

My Name Is
Jun 6, 2006
Either just shooting it top blocker or 5-hole, or the fake-wrister-to-backhand. I don't care at all for 2% success rate fancy moves when shooting it is usually a better option.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Nothing fancy, fake wrist shot, then I go to the backhand. I've perfected it though with the the head/leg fake, and the quick hands to get it to the backhand very quick....In the past 2 years i've had a 100% success rate in about 12 tries using it either on a breakaway or a shootout (yea one of my leagues has a shootout now if there is a tie).

I do that move the most, i've made it every time on breakaways cause the head fake always gets the goalie.

I also like to fake a shot then just push it five hole like Crosby.:D

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
My favorite is the Datsyuk where you fake the wrister and pull it with the backhand, when I pull it off right goalies look like Pejorative Slurs. As a righty if I'm coming in from the left side I usually go forehand backhand to forehand and have enough net to score, I've been getting better at doing that one Sykora does, where you sneak the backhander but like you don't turn your body at all, goalie has no clue its coming. You do it right and it zips right into the corner...

fullclip

Prepare to die
Jul 19, 2004
UBC
I usually either shoot low blocker of fake backhand and go forehand. I would never try any of that fancy **** in a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad