Line Combos: Your All time Hawks Team

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
I know no fair tugging heartstrings but ... Yeah, Maggie makes my roster and - no offense any other captain - he wears the C. (And I think a unanimous vote the others.)

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Players I actually saw play so about since 1970

Hull. Mikita. Kane
Secord. Toews. Larmer
Sharp. Savard. Hossa
D Hull. Roenick. Amonte

Keith. Chelios
Stapleton Wilson
Seabrook hjalmarsson

esposito
Belfour
Crawford

Coach Q
Billy reay

I like it but will make 2 swaps to improve the team, if you don't mind.

Drop either D. Hull or Amonte for Chico Maki, much more versatile , much better defensively and vastly underrated. (I know he's a RW but could play C and I'm sure he wouldn't be out of place at LW either)

Drop Hjamarsson for Bill White. White may be superior to Hammer on D and was twice the player offensively.

Reactions: KWP and Enyaw

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Hasek wasn't on the team long enough and wasn't the Dominator when he was here.
If we're including Hasek, are we including Orr, Coffey, Dionne, Phil Esposito, etc. ?
Nobody thinks of those guys as Blackhawks.

I'd make an argument for excluding Panarin as well because when his career is said and done most will think of him as a Rangers great.

I think it should be people who are associated with the Blackhawks.
Bobby Hull, Mikita, Denis Savard, Kane, Toews, Tony Esposito, Roenick, Chelios etc.

Reactions: clydesdale line

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
I like it but will make 2 swaps to improve the team, if you don't mind.

Drop either D. Hull or Amonte for Chico Maki, much more versatile , much better defensively and vastly underrated. (I know he's a RW but could play C and I'm sure he wouldn't be out of place at LW either)

Drop Hjamarsson for Bill White. White may be superior to Hammer on D and was twice the player offensively.
I could go for maki over amonte. ( Dennis Hull was my favorite Hawk as a kid so he stays)

I was wavering between white and hammer. That stapleton White duo was the Keith Seabrook of their day, and were an important pairing in the 72summit series

Reactions: KWP

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I could go for maki over amonte. ( Dennis Hull was my favorite Hawk as a kid so he stays)

I was wavering between white and hammer. That stapleton White duo was the Keith Seabrook of their day, and were an important pairing in the 72summit series

Dennis was so much more exciting before all the netting around the rink. LOL

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
...Dennis Hull was my favorite Hawk as a kid so he stays ...

I almost wish Dennis Hull skated another club - I mean his slapper was a bomb, too but ... How the heck was he ever going to get his due when his brother was, "The Golden Jet" and hounded every post game for printable quotes.

I've read Dennis Hull was one of the funniest guys around too ... a lot of great hockey player quips never reached the morning paper. Oh well ... That's hockey, baby.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

Flahawkfan

Apr 24, 2017
Can I get some love for Doug Gilmore? As nearly a point per game center.... and played for some bad Chicago teams. He is in the hall of fame. Just not sure if he replaces any of the 4 that are shoe-ins (Toews, Savard, Mikita, and Roenick).

He does have a cooler nickname than Toews and Roenick in "Killer" but Stosh is the coolest of them all!

And lets not forget Bernie Nicholls - He is one of only eight players in NHL history to score 70 goals in one season, and one of five to score 150 points. He averaged over a point a game.

Can we at least include them as honorable mention????

Last edited:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Hawks also had some pretty decent Dmen back in the day as well, who rarely get a mention. Guys like Jerry Korab, Keith Brown, Phil Russell, Doug Jarrett to name a few.

Reactions: sharkhawk

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Historical hockey is my favorite thing. Seriously so cool reading and learning about these old players.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Going off simply the guys I watched play, and based on their play as Blackhawks...

Panarin - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Roenick - Hossa
Daze - Zhamnov - Havlat
Sullivan - Lang - Amonte

Just off the top of my head

Edit: Maybe replace Lang with Nylander? I grew up watching some garbage Hawk teams. Kyle Calder was my favorite Hawk for a stretch. Woof.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClydeLee

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Hawks also had some pretty decent Dmen back in the day as well, who rarely get a mention. Guys like Jerry Korab, Keith Brown, Phil Russell, Doug Jarrett to name a few.
King Kong korab was one of my favorite players in the early 70s. Just the name

sharkhawk

Jun 1, 2013
Aurora, IL
Can I get some love for Doug Gilmore? As nearly a point per game center.... and played for some bad Chicago teams. He is in the hall of fame. Just not sure if he replaces any of the 4 that are shoe-ins (Toews, Savard, Mikita, and Roenick).

He does have a cooler nickname than Toews and Roenick in "Killer" but Stosh is the coolest of them all!

And lets not forget Bernie Nicholls - He is one of only eight players in NHL history to score 70 goals in one season, and one of five to score 150 points. He averaged over a point a game.

Can we at least include them as honorable mention????
Another guy to consider is Steve Thomas. So underrated

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Going off simply the guys I watched play, and based on their play as Blackhawks...

Panarin - Toews - Kane
Sharp - Roenick - Hossa
Daze - Zhamnov - Havlat
Sullivan - Lang - Amonte

Just off the top of my head

Edit: Maybe replace Lang with Nylander? I grew up watching some garbage Hawk teams. Kyle Calder was my favorite Hawk for a stretch. Woof.
How about replacing Zhamnov with Lang or Savard..Casper (AZ) was missing too many nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad