Line Combos: Your All time Hawks Team

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I always find these difficult, because while I obviously appreciate how great older players were in comparison to their peers, I feel pretty strongly that hockey players have just been getting better and better, generation over generation, and the game has been getting tougher and tougher to play (not tougher like fighting, tougher as in pace and better defensive schemes, and better goalies, etc). So when I do these lists, I tend to weight more towards the present and recent past (say back to the 1990s), more so than the 60s and 70s.

Reactions: hawksrule and KWP

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Panarin-Mikita-Kane
Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Hull-Roenick-Larmer
Secord-Savard-Amonte

Keith-Seabrook
Wilson-Chelios
Hjalmarsson-Murray

Hasek
Belfour

Reactions: ray c and KWP

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Panarin-Mikita-Kane
Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Hull-Roenick-Larmer
Secord-Savard-Amonte

Keith-Seabrook
Wilson-Chelios
Hjalmarsson-Murray

Hasek
Belfour

Unmmm you’re forgetting Rundblad...

lol in all seriousness though I think you nailed it. I agree with all your selections and their positions/combos. Well done. God damn that team would be unstoppable...

Reactions: ray c and KWP

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Panarin-Mikita-Kane
Sharp-Toews-Hossa
Hull-Roenick-Larmer
Secord-Savard-Amonte

Keith-Seabrook
Wilson-Chelios
Hjalmarsson-Murray

Hasek
Belfour

This is fine, but I'd be tempted to swap in Buff for Sharp just to have a game-changing big man who can put anyone on any other team's all-time roster on their ass...or maybe Daze.

Reactions: sharkhawk

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Players I actually saw play so about since 1970
Keith. Chelios
Stapleton Wilson
Seabrook hjalmarsson

Tough to find a weak link in that bunch for sure but ... gotta find a locker for Keith Magnuson.
Shut down pair & PK duty and ... tho I never think I saw him win even one scrap, I NEVER saw him hesitate a second drop the gloves defend himself or even more so, a teammate.

Skills-wise all the guys on the list best him but Blackhawk heart-wise, I never have, nor ever will, see a more worthy all-timer and, man.

Last edited:

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Maybe I'm crazy but shouldn't Hull be on the top line no matter what?

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Mitchell-Mitchell-Mitchell
Rundblad-Mitchell-Mitchell
Mitchell

Mitchell-Mitchell
Mitchell-Mitchell
Mitchell-Mitchell
Mitchell

Mitchell
CM Punk

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Yea I'm not putting Bobby f***ing Hull as a 3rd line winger or Savard as a 4th liner lol.

Well then you’d have one of Toews, Mikita, or JR as a 4th liner. No way around it. Those 4 lines he came up with are perfect. I wouldn’t worry about the order they are listed, or calling them “1st” “2nd “3rd” or “4th” lines.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Maybe I'm crazy but shouldn't Hull be on the top line no matter what?

There is no top line or bottom line. It’s just 4 equally amazing lines that would all have chemistry and get equal ice time.

Hull-Roenick-Larmer
Secord-Savard-Amonte
Panarin-Mikita-Kane
Sharp-Toews-Hossa

There, now everyone can be happy

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Well then you’d have one of Toews, Mikita, or JR as a 4th liner. No way around it. Those 4 lines he came up with are perfect. I wouldn’t worry about the order they are listed, or calling them “1st” “2nd “3rd” or “4th” lines.

Panarin listed at the top? He's a great player but not an all-time great Hawk.

Reactions: clydesdale line

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Then off goes JR to the 4th line. Roenick was a great Blackhawk but he ain't no Denis Savard. Plus Roenick's style of play fits better there anyways when discussing hypothetical lineups of greats. Not even gonna get into Hull. That's self explanatory.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Panarin listed at the top? He's a great player but not an all-time great Hawk.

Well if you’re talking about length of time on the team no, but if you’re just talking talent in a vacuum then he certainly is. If guys like Amonte and Sharp make the cut how come Panarin can’t? He’s better at hockey than either of them.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Then off goes JR to the 4th line. Roenick was a great Blackhawk but he ain't no Denis Savard. Plus Roenick's style of play fits better there anyways when discussing hypothetical lineups of greats. Not even gonna get into Hull. That's self explanatory.

ok so in your perfect universe this is what it would look like:

Hull-Savard-Larmer
Secord-Mikita-Amonte
Panarin-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Roenick-Hossa

??? Did i do it right this time??? Lol

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
B.Hull-Mikita-Byfuglien
Secord-Savard-Larmer
D.Hull-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Roenick-Kane

Keith-Chelios
Pilot-Wilson
Stapleton-Murray

Esposito
Hall

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
We had Paul Coffey too, didn't we?

Yes for a handful of games, Bobby Orr a but more than that I think.

Dominik played for parts of two years as I recall. before Buffalo, I suppose he likely did not play enough to make an all time hawk team. I will put Hall back in there.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
Yes for a handful of games, Bobby Orr a but more than that I think.

Dominik played for parts of two years as I recall. before Buffalo, I suppose he likely did not play enough to make an all time hawk team. I will put Hall back in there.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time or anything. More than anything I was remembering famous players who had short stints with the Hawks.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I'm not trying to give you a hard time or anything. More than anything I was remembering famous players who had short stints with the Hawks.

didn't take it that way, did not realize that Hasek had such a short stay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad