GDT: Your Albany Devils vs Toronto Marlies: Game-6

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not digging the comparison, Lappin seems to have a much more complete game. And prob lacks the true scrappiness that Clarkson had.

He's also a much better skater than Clarkson. He's fast.

Style-wise there will never be another Clarkson.

I'm talking about the role he would play. Clarkson was terrific at getting into the corners and staying on pucks like Lappin did on Black's goal. Clarkson also shot from everywhere and would open himself up at any possible time for a deflection/tip. Lappin has been doing that all playoff long.

I think if Lappin makes the NHL team, it would be in a similar role.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
I agree on Blandisi. I think the most important thing he should work on improving in the offseason is his composure and control of the game. He often plays like a chicken without a head, trying to do to much sometimes when it would be smarter to just dump the puck.

He also needs to improve on his balance (It has looked to improve recently), defensive awareness and discipline.

However, if he can put all of this together, he could be a very exciting player.

He also needs to learn how to better utilize his teammates. That's what got him a lot of success when he first came to NJ and was awesome out of the gate. He was passing a lot, creating opportunities and utilizing open ice.

Of what I've seen from him, it's almost always him taking the puck in alone and not really setting up any sort of offensive zone possession. Maybe it's a reflection of the quality of his teammates (I'd be lying if I said I knew who he's lining up with tbh) but I'd like to see him get back to using his creativity to open up the ice.

I think that's a major problem with the ADevs in general though. Lots of taking the puck to the corners and not working the cycle. A team like the Marlies is scary every time they enter the offensive zone.. most of the time, I feel like the ADevs are waiting for the other team to mess up or waiting for a PP. Could just be the strategy they want to use against an explosive Marlies team but reminds me very much of the Deboer Devils. Take the puck into the corner and keep it there so no-one can score!

I will say that Blandisi's defense has impressed me. He's much better at making sure he's in position defensively and I've seen him use his speed a lot more now to equalize an odd man rush. It's not a strength but I wouldn't call it a liability either anymore. I just want him to be more of a threat offensively right now.. he seems neutered 90% of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad