your 3 summer wishes : round 1 - coach - ufa

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
1st: Top6 C/LD near NHL ready prospect

Coach: Me, otherwise Lambert/Gallant/Larionov if we can pry him outta Russia. (in no particular order)

UFA: Merrill the Mullet after ED. Werenski-22, Barkov-23. I want a good 2C if Fabbri doesn't make it, but so far he's rising to the challenge & I believe he's our 1-2+yr solution @ 2C, til a clear upgrade is available & we become a PO team. (unsure who that is atm that's also a UFA).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
1st: Top6 C/LD near NHL ready prospect

Coach: Me, otherwise Lambert/Gallant/Larionov if we can pry him outta Russia. (in no particular order)

UFA: Merrill the Mullet after ED. Werenski-22, Barkov-23. I want a good 2C if Fabbri doesn't make it, but so far he's rising to the challenge & I believe he's our 1-2+yr solution @ 2C, til a clear upgrade is available & we become a PO team. (unsure who that is atm that's also a UFA).
Barkov is UFA in 2022, along with Forsberg.

Barkov:
Aleksander Barkov - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Werenski is RFA in 2022:
Zachary Werenski - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Here's a list of UFAs:
2022 NHL Free Agents Tracker

Edit: I want a legit 1C (Barkov/Forsberg/draft), bump Larkin to 2C and Fabbri to 3C. That would be a playoff caliber lineup.

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
1. Hughes
2. Boudreau or Gallant
3. I don't even know... I want a top 3 pick for 2022 I wouldn't to too big. On the other hand, I don't want our current collection of players losing for too much longer. Seider will be a massive addition.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Well 1st I'll just mention Jack Eichel, cause a deal for him throws the draft/ufa way out of sync from whats current now. As of now though...

Powers/Eklund/Beniers.

Gallant/Lar.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins/2nd line center/resign Bernier.

But mostly... Jack Eichel.

It's not playoffs or bust next year but to me it is the year a step forward should be taken. We should be competitive, and compete for one of those last spots, we should be in the race for UFA's with our money, our draft picks should start developing into NHL players. All within two years here, things should shape up.

Last edited:

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
1: IDK
2: Larionov was one of my favourite players, so bring the professor!
3: Bobby Ryan

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Hughes/Power, Blash for all I care don't need a fresh voice till 22-23, this year specifically ufa wise only 2 year stop gaps no big names.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
I wouldn't do anything this summer that could jeopardize the 2022 draft. I wouldn't make any signings other than depth. Ride the young guys and see who can sink or swim. See if Mantha can find his form again. Give Cholowski/Svechnikov/Hirose a reasonable chance to prove they belong. Give Johansson/Berggren/Veleno a chance to be difference makers in the lineup. Return Bernier/Greiss and make sure they don't steal any games. If we suck again, we get a great shot at a couple potential franchise players. If we're good, then the younger guys took some tremendous strides forward.
1st: Powers/any of the LHD
2nd: Status quo for one more year. Call me crazy but I would say Blash again. If the Red Wings are bad again, bring in a new coach with a young core to grow.
3rd: Depth UFA's, guys we could trade at the deadline for some picks, pretty much what was done this year.

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
I wouldn't do anything this summer that could jeopardize the 2022 draft. I wouldn't make any signings other than depth. Ride the young guys and see who can sink or swim. See if Mantha can find his form again. Give Cholowski/Svechnikov/Hirose a reasonable chance to prove they belong. Give Johansson/Berggren/Veleno a chance to be difference makers in the lineup. Return Bernier/Greiss and make sure they don't steal any games. If we suck again, we get a great shot at a couple potential franchise players. If we're good, then the younger guys took some tremendous strides forward.
This.

New lottery rules guarantees top-2 pick, and we don't have number 1 center. Next season Yzerman is going to tank harder than ever. Next seasons team is going to be same as this years team + seider. Johansson is not ready yet and Raymond might need 1 more year, but let him play the 9 games first and decide then if he's ready or not. Yzerman might bring a new coach in after the season, but i wouldn't be surprised to see Blashill re-signed. Yzerman still can wait and see for couple years if Tampa fires Cooper, next year Red Wings will tank and year after that team will filled with rookies. I don't expect them to make the playoffs, but the intentional tank should end after the next season.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Seems to be that Werenski could be traded, but Kekäläinen is looking for a Center.

We don't have anything realistic to give.

Maybe they trade with LAK who has multiple young ones, or Ottawa could be another. Stepan + prospect C maybe?

Ottawa has Stutzle, Colin White, Josh Norris, Shane Pinto, Jack Drury to build around. Won't need them all.

Kings have Byfield, Vilardi, Turcotte, Akil Thomas, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Tyler Madden, Lias Andersson, Rasmus Kupari. Insane depth, best in NHL.

New Jersey also has multiple centers knocking the NHL door.

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
New coach and Adam Lowry would be nice, I trust our guys to take the right player at whichever draft position we end up with

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
New coach and Adam Lowry would be nice, I trust our guys to take the right player at whichever draft position we end up with

Wouldn't be against Stastny or Getzlaf, either. If we can grab either of them for a couple of years to hold down a 2/3 C spot behind Larkin, it gives some of the ninety-seven different wing prospects someone to play with, and a cushion for Rasmussen/Veleno to develop next year.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Wouldn't be against Stastny or Getzlaf, either. If we can grab either of them for a couple of years to hold down a 2/3 C spot behind Larkin, it gives some of the ninety-seven different wing prospects someone to play with, and a cushion for Rasmussen/Veleno to develop next year.
I would love Getzlaf as a 3rd line center in a couple years if we have some lottery luck. Wright/Larkin/Getzlaf down the middle could be solid as we look to make the playoffs. Getzlaf would be a good mentor for the younger guys.

Reactions: Winger98

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
1st round pick: Best center available

Coach: Tortorella, unless Larionov is an actual possibility, holy shit that would be amazing, incredibly intelligent guy on and off the ice

UFA: Oleksiak from Dallas. I'd love a truly top-tier left-hand shooting defenseman under 32 years old, but there aren't any of those available. Werenski would be great, but I don't think he's available until 2022, and then he's an RFA. I wouldn't mind trading for Werenski, but we'd have to give CBJ our 3 best players in return.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Round 1: Hughes, Power
Coach: A development coach, so not Blashill
UFA: Any playmaking center, not a long term signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad