Line Combos: Your 2019-20 Opening Night Lineup

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I am hoping the big line stays together because I don't feel Stamkos is that effective 5 on 5. I also feel like we've never had proper Line mates for Stammer

I mean he's only been surrounded by 40/50/60 point scorers most of his career and the times he's not he's playing with Art Ross/Hart/100 point wingers....

Try selling the linemates argument for Stamkos against half the stars in the league. :laugh:

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I posted this elsewhere, but Jan rutta in a top contender’s opening night roster reminds me of that jim gaffigan male seahorse joke where the scientist declares it’s a male and another comments, “uh, that one’s having a baby” and so the first scientist says males have the baby and fires him.

Jan Rutta is not an NHL defenseman but JB will fire you if you tell him that.

Reactions: Hoek

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Stammer has been fine 5 on 5. His only true match in his career was MSL. If Marty was a bit younger and stayed we might be sitting here talking about Stamkos as the best goal scorer ever like we do OV (who has had Backstrom his whole career).

There is some truth with what you said about him not having consistent linemates the last few years. TKO was gone back to for years and last year Point/Kuch was a thing all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad