Line Combos: Your 2019-20 Opening Night Lineup

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I want balanced lines. I don’t want a scoring line, an energy line, etc. etc. Give me 4 balanced lines. A trigger, a playmaker, and some energy/speed/muscle.

Stamkos - Cirelli - Kucherov
Palat - Point - Verhaeghe
Volkov - Johnson - Joseph
Killorn - Paquette - Gourde
Maroon

Hedman - Cernak
McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Coburn - Sergachev
Schenn

Witkowski as a F/D filler.

Vasilevkyi
Macilhenney (sp?)

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm usually a depth first guy but now... f*** that. I want to see our top 3 forwards make the league their bitch at both even strength and powerplay. And it's not like we have bad depth even if we stack up our top line.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Lol that first line...

It leaves us a bit weak elsewhere. At least until Johnson and Paquette get back. That said, Point might keep the other two in line if he's handling the puck a lot.

But really, there's nothing wrong with Point, Johnson, and Cirelli down the middle.

If Shattenkirk pans out... Our D really doesn't look terrible even without Hedman.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
No Heddy yet?? :(

Shattenkirk had a good preseason and looked good with Sergachev, weirdly enough. But am still worried about not having Hedman. I mean, not having one of the top D in the league does make a difference. A bit. ;)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
No Heddy yet?? :(

Shattenkirk had a good preseason and looked good with Sergachev, weirdly enough. But am still worried about not having Hedman. I mean, not having one of the top D in the league does make a difference. A bit. ;)
I don't give a shit about the regular season as long as we make the playoffs. Hedman can miss 82 games as long as he's ready for game 1 in April.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
hedman will be ok might play tomorrow we will see lets go bolts im glad verhaegh made team like his play and that he can play anywhere solid guy all around..... love that got some brusiers too like that smith made team so got guys give maroon maintenance at times if no injuries

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If Shatty performs well, holy smokes, once we get rid of Rutta that D is going to be terrifying.

As hard on Rutta as I am, your 7th D is supposed to be bad. At least it's not our 4th.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
For the time being, I like loading up the top line. Let them learn to play together so we can throw them out there late in a game when we need a goal - sort of like the old Triplets line.

I don’t see them sticking together for a full season though, outside of being our nuclear option.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
I tell you what when we have a full line up we would probably have one of the best teams on paper. That 4th line looks great as well, would not like to come across that line.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I tell you what when we have a full line up we would probably have one of the best teams on paper. That 4th line looks great as well, would not like to come across that line.
I mean we have hands down the best team on paper. Unfortunately that's all it has been so far, on paper.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
For the time being, I like loading up the top line. Let them learn to play together so we can throw them out there late in a game when we need a goal - sort of like the old Triplets line.

I don’t see them sticking together for a full season though, outside of being our nuclear option.
If Stamkos and Kucherov stay in shooting mode, they should be the most potent line in the league. Big IF though.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I am hoping the big line stays together because I don't feel Stamkos is that effective 5 on 5. I also feel like we've never had proper Line mates for Stammer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad