Your 2014 United States men’s Olympic roster

Calirose

Mar 31, 2012
6ix
I wonder if DL really stood up for Yandle for his gazelle-esque skating OR the fact that PHO is a divisional rival and he is more likely to be injured or worn in those games...

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Your bolded comment is the dumbest thing I've seen on this board in a while.

Im sorry that you still think JJ is a good player, but he is not

He consistently puts up horrific possession numbers. Is minus a million for a reason. He can't produce at even strength, his pp production is below average, he can't pk and all of his teammates have better stats when on the ice without him than with him

US fans should be so happy the hivemind came to their senses and left him off the team

I was surprised USA made it to the gold medal game in 2010. I'll be surprised if they make it back. I thought the reason they did make it that far was the roster choices. The Canadian and Russian teams looked like All Star rosters versus actual hockey teams. The US had 4 traditional lines and I think that helped them. The center position for US isn't elite but at least there isn't a huge drop off from top to bottom.

I know nothing about this whole process but it is surprising to see Yandle left off with a few of those other names on there.

I wonder if Russia will be better this time around.. they were awful in 2010!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I was surprised USA made it to the gold medal game in 2010. I'll be surprised if they make it back. I thought the reason they did make it that far was the roster choices. The Canadian and Russian teams looked like All Star rosters versus actual hockey teams. The US had 4 traditional lines and I think that helped them. The center position for US isn't elite but at least there isn't a huge drop off from top to bottom.

I know nothing about this whole process but it is surprising to see Yandle left off with a few of those other names on there.

I wonder if Russia will be better this time around.. they were awful in 2010!

Yeah, we don't' have the all-star teams to compete with the firepower Canada and USA have. I'd rather have a 'checking' line out there instead of trying to go toe-to-toe with Canada's 4th line, etc.

I feel like a jerk saying this but am I the only one not surprised at the Yandle snub? He's a great skater and solid offensively but not good enough offensively to make up for the defense he gives up.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
On the big ice, ability to move the puck and match the skating off opposing forwards is the best defence.

Sweden going to run the table anyway with their defence on big ice

Karlsson, Enstrom, Kronwall, Ekman-Larsson the top 4 off the top of my head. Puck never going to be in their zone

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
On the big ice, ability to move the puck and match the skating off opposing forwards is the best defence.

Karlsson, Enstrom, Kronwall, Ekman-Larsson the top 4 off the top of my head. Puck never going to be in their zone

I was watching some of the kings drafts on youtube yesterday and during the 2008 draft, right before we selected Colten Teubert, Bob Mckenzie was saying Kings are going to be debating between Teubert and Karlsson. Man, imagine we got EK. Doughty and him, wow. I don't even know if it would work financially but that would have been unbelievable. There's no way we would have been able to pay them both 6M+ though, that's why Doughty/Teubert/Voynov was the better way to go. Hindsight is 20/20. Anyways, when I get sad about things like that, I just think about the Stanley Cup win and it makes it all better :yo::yo::yo::yo:

Nizar

Mar 4, 2013

Enstrom rejected participation 2 months ago.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I was watching some of the kings drafts on youtube yesterday and during the 2008 draft, right before we selected Colten Teubert, Bob Mckenzie was saying Kings are going to be debating between Teubert and Karlsson. Man, imagine we got EK.

Ya, but imagine if we had drafted Filatov with the 6th overall pick.

Don't do that to yourself. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad