Your 2013-2014 Venting / Group Therapy Thread

Clock

May 13, 2006
Think it's about time to get this one going.

Spew all of your anger and frustrations here without fear of being off-topic or called out on rationale / stats / whatever. This is your rant zone (site rules still apply!).

With this now in place, please try to keep the off-topic rants in here rather than the other threads. On-topic rants are still legit everywhere, of course.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
This team sucks donkey nuts and it's going to be several years before we're even close to sniffing the playoffs again.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Please combine this thread with the twerking thread. Thanks.

Edit: I was just joking. I didn't know there really is a twerking thread.

Buffalo Warlord

Jul 12, 2013
Aww crap, I started the twerking thread with this already on.. Anyways I am against this.

I would be ok with this if we were simply a "rebuilding" team that truly lacked the competitive skill with our young players. But the fact we aren't at least progressively sustaining a for check, winning battles, or hitting our outlet passes on a game by game basis which should be fixed with proper coaching in practice is what pisses me off a bit.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Aww crap, I started the twerking thread with this already on.. Anyways I am against this.

I would be ok with this if we were simply a "rebuilding" team that truly lacked the competitive skill with our young players. But the fact we aren't at least progressively sustaining a for check, winning battles, or hitting our outlet passes on a game by game basis which should be fixed with proper coaching in practice is what pisses me off a bit.

The hallmark of a bad team (one that has a shot at first overall) is losing battles, missing outlet passes, and all the other crap this team does.

If you do those things the right way, you win more games. It's really as simple as that. You can't have it both ways.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
The hallmark of a bad team (one that has a shot at first overall) is losing battles, missing outlet passes, and all the other crap this team does.

If you do those things the right way, you win more games. It's really as simple as that. You can't have it both ways.

I'm fine with a rebuild, I really am. I just cant accept losing! :laugh:

Buffalo Warlord

Jul 12, 2013

I agree, but this is on a epically bad scale. I was sitting mid ice last night, and when Vancouver wanted to clear the zone it was defense, one pass to the outlet, one touch and gone. They did the same thing over and over, and my old man and I, were like "ok, where are the adjustments." It was just to easy, and something I chalk up more to the "coaching/training aspect" rather than a "young/inexperienced" team aspect.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I agree, but this is on a epically bad scale. I was sitting mid ice last night, and when Vancouver wanted to clear the zone it was defense, one pass to the outlet, one touch and gone. They did the same thing over and over, and my old man and I, were like "ok, where are the adjustments." It was just to easy, and something I chalk up more to the "coaching/training aspect" rather than a "young/inexperienced" team aspect.

Dude, you don't agree. You say you do, but then you post exactly the opposite of what you're agreeing to.

Bad teams play bad hockey. That includes all the things you're complaining about.

Really bad teams (worst in the league) play really bad hockey. :laugh:

jwillo1829

Nov 1, 2011
"I hate Miller, he's the reason we lost the other night". "Miller sucks!". I can not stand the fans who keep saying this type of sh#t. Our team need to score at least one goal for us to win a game, it's called hockey.:rant:

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I'm not looking forward to 70+ more games of this, let alone years. My biggest fear? Instead of turning into Pitt or Chicago after three basement dwelling years, they turn into Edmonton. Top picks don't mean squat if you're a dysfunctional organization.

I'd almost rather go back to eating broccoli year over year than to have to shovel **** in my mouth for awhile in the hopes of one day having pizza.

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
Well atleast my NHL 14 rebuild was a success, 2018 lineup:
Skinner-McDavid-Eberle
Landeskog-Hodgson-Tarasenko
Foligno-Couturier-Stempniak
Girgensons-Larsson-Ott

Ekblad-Mckeown
Myers-Ehrhoff
Risto-Pysyk

Makarov
Enroth

Wandering Cynic

Dec 2, 2011
Parts Unknown
I'm not looking forward to 70+ more games of this, let alone years. My biggest fear? Instead of turning into Pitt or Chicago after three basement dwelling years, they turn into Edmonton. Top picks don't mean squat if you're a dysfunctional organization.

I'd almost rather go back to eating broccoli year over year than to have to shovel **** in my mouth for awhile in the hopes of one day having pizza.

I think they end up being like a Chicago. The problem with the Oilers was that they went all out with the offensive weapons and now they have no defense or toughness.

Buffalo is the exact opposite. They have the toughness and arguably the best defensive prospect pool in the league, they just need the high-end skill now, just like Chicago did before they got Kane and Toews. All Buffalo needs is some high end players (Reinhart and McDavid), and they'll be set to be contenders for a long time like Chicago is today.

It's not about how long you rebuild, it's about how smart you rebuild. Buffalo really only needs to suck for 2 seasons and they should start picking it up in 2015 if they rebuild smartly.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
I blame Hodgson for nearly everything, I blame Ennis and Stafford for the rest. It isn't rational, but they are the faces of futility, the mascots of malfeasance, the denizens of depression. Yes its all their fault. :rant:

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I think they end up being like a Chicago. The problem with the Oilers was that they went all out with the offensive weapons and now they have no defense or toughness.

Buffalo is the exact opposite. They have the toughness and arguably the best defensive prospect pool in the league, they just need the high-end skill now, just like Chicago did before they got Kane and Toews. All Buffalo needs is some high end players (Reinhart and McDavid), and they'll be set to be contenders for a long time like Chicago is today.

It's not about how long you rebuild, it's about how smart you rebuild. Buffalo really only needs to suck for 2 seasons and they should start picking it up in 2015 if they rebuild smartly.

Yeah, we have a pretty well rounded prospect pool. Zadorov, McCabe and Risto will be top four guys at least IMO and will bring good physicality and two way play. We got gritty 2 way guys in Baptiste, Compher, Girgs, etc. We just need to get real legitimate scoring threats, if Armia and Grigs don't develop the way we want, we might have trouble in that area.

edit: wow looking back at my post you basically said everything I was going to say, so DITTO THIS GUY

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I'm upset but still hopeful every game, still knowing we will stink.

The team needs some high end scoring talent badly, we need to draft that these next few years.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
team's junk, whatever

I'll still watch when I can but with a poor team/decent employment bridging into game nights I'm starting to not care very much on a night to night basis and getting used to the hibernation for a good team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad