Your 2006 draft board

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH Wizard

WOAH, Joensuu's stock has been on the downside but 47th? No way!

Like I said, I think Frolik is vastly overrated here.

1. Erik Johnson
2. Phil Kessel
3. Jonathan Toews
4. Nicklas Backstrom
5. Jordan Staal
6. Peter Mueller
7. Bryan Little
8. Jame Sheppard
9. Micheal Frolik
10. Derrick Brassard

HM: Nigel Williams, Kyle Okposo.

EYEuhFRAYtee

Smile
Apr 28, 2004
KStewart113 said:
1. Johnson(if Pittsburgh, Kessel if Washington or St. Louis)
2. Kessel
3. Staal
4. Toews
5. Mueller
6. Frolik
7. Brassard
8. Little
9. Backstrom
10. Okposo

Honestly I think Johnson goes first regardless of who wins the lotto. Even my Caps. Always take the blue chip D.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
The Great One said:

1. Erik Johnson
2. Phil Kessel
3. Jonathan Toews
4. Nicklas Backstrom
5. Jordan Staal
6. Peter Mueller
7. Bryan Little
8. Jame Sheppard
9. Micheal Frolik
10. Derrick Brassard

Frolik "vastly" overrated, and then you put him at 9? :)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The Great One said:

1. Erik Johnson
2. Phil Kessel
3. Jonathan Toews
4. Nicklas Backstrom
5. Jordan Staal
6. Peter Mueller
7. Bryan Little
8. Jame Sheppard
9. Micheal Frolik
10. Derrick Brassard

I wouldn't say Frolik is being overrated. It's more he's an unknown. I still think he'll be a top 10 pick, mainly because of his potential.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:
I wouldn't say Frolik is being overrated. It's more he's an unknown. I still think he'll be a top 10 pick, mainly because of his potential.

From the sounds of it, he is a boom or bust player. He's either going to be good or be terrible

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Take a stab at 12
1. Erik Johnson
2. Phil Kessel
3. Jordan Staal
4. Jonathan Toews
5. Nicklas Backstrom
6. Peter Mueller
7. James Sheppard
8. Bryan Little
9. Nigel Williams
10.Kyle Okposo
11.Derek Brassard
12.Bobby Sanguinetti

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
go kim johnsson 514 said:
From the sounds of it, he is a boom or bust player. He's either going to be good or be terrible

He does sound like that. I think he falls into the 20's and a good team will take a flyer on him. Frolik may be this years Latendresse or maybe Blake Wheeler.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
borro said:
He does sound like that. I think he falls into the 20's and a good team will take a flyer on him.

He won't fall that far. I think he's still a top 10 pick.

Sheppard doesn't seem to get much pub, I think it could be him that falls, especially if teams decide to reach for defensemen.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site

Sheppard doesn't seem to get much pub, I think it could be him that falls, especially if teams decide to reach for defensemen.

Kyle woodlief from redline said Frolik was free falling and implied he could go in the 20's. Looking at his stats, he just does not compare with a Jagr at that age (12x better stats in an arguably more difficult time) or any top player, has not platyed well in any international play, and is at this time a complete projection. A good drft year would have helped but now hurts him:

From hockey db.com
Michael Frolik Forward
Born Feb 17 1988
Height 5.08 -- Weight 145 -- Shoots L

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
2004-05 Kladno Czech 27 3 1 4 6 1 0 0 0 0
2005-06 Kladno Czech 48 2 7 9 32

That height and weight must be way old. 9 points in 49 games is not Top 20 imho.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site

Sheppard seems like a prototypical power forward probably a RW. His strengths are getting the puck and breaking away from a group with it. Sounds like a guy like say a Ryan who will be drafted a bit higher if anything based on his fit for the NHL game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
borro said:
That height and weight must be way old. 9 points in 49 games is not Top 20 imho.

Playing in the top league, as a player under the age of 21, he won't get much playing time.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Frolik is at least 5'11 and well over 170 pounds. hockeydb is out to lunch with those height/weight stats.

5'11 170 is still way out to lunch for a Top 20 pick, imho. Certainly does not seem like a guy who is anywhere near NHL ready. If his size is that small he may drop to 2nd Round.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
Playing in the top league, as a player under the age of 21, he won't get much playing time.

Why is it that every one has an excuse for Frolik, but the same argument does not apply to Little? Little is a producer. Frolik MIGHT be. How and who in God's green earth would take a Frolik before a Little?

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
borro said:
5'11 170 is still way out to lunch for a Top 20 pick, imho. Certainly does not seem like a guy who is anywhere near NHL ready. If his size is that small he may drop to 2nd Round.

Are you sure that isn't Cogliano? Seems like this guy is considerably smaller and does not have the dynamic skills of a Cogliano(25th pick). One could say Cogliano went later-probably some because of his size.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
borro said:

Well I remember seeing him listed as 6'0'' at the WJC, and that was the 2004 WJC's, so who knows.

Transported Upstater

borro said:
Kyle woodlief from redline said Frolik was free falling and implied he could go in the 20's. Looking at his stats, he just does not compare with a Jagr at that age (12x better stats in an arguably more difficult time) or any top player, has not platyed well in any international play, and is at this time a complete projection. A good drft year would have helped but now hurts him:

From hockey db.com
Michael Frolik Forward
Born Feb 17 1988

Regular Season Playoffs

Therein lies the key.

quebec

Apr 29, 2005
borro said:
Take a stab at 12
1. Erik Johnson
2. Phil Kessel
3. Jordan Staal
4. Jonathan Toews
5. Nicklas Backstrom
6. Peter Mueller
7. James Sheppard
8. Bryan Little
9. Nigel Williams
10.Kyle Okposo
11.Derek Brassard
12.Bobby Sanguinetti
Dont you think Nigel Williams is overated.Just because he is big does not make him a first rounder.Take a good look at Bostons Hal Gill big but that is it.Put Williams or some of the other top projected draft picks(Johnson,Kessel)and let them play a year in one of the CHL leagues and see where they are ranked.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
borro said:
He does sound like that. I think he falls into the 20's and a good team will take a flyer on him. Frolik may be this years Latendresse or maybe Blake Wheeler.

Personally i feel he will be drafted 10-15ish, just a guess.

Transported Upstater

quebec said:
Dont you think Nigel Williams is overated.Just because he is big does not make him a first rounder.Take a good look at Bostons Hal Gill big but that is it.Put Williams or some of the other top projected draft picks(Johnson,Kessel)and let them play a year in one of the CHL leagues and see where they are ranked.

I think Nigel Williams, to use Northern Californian slang, is hella overrated.

Default101

borro said:

From hockey db.com
Michael Frolik Forward
Born Feb 17 1988

Regular Season Playoffs

2 things you can't always trust in scouting, european scoring statistics, and CHL goaltending statistics, both may be very misleading, Euro because of their ice time, and lack of scoring at times, and CHL goaltending becasue alot of the draftable goalies can have bad defence infront of him and isn't as accurate on his skill as a goaltender but the skill of the team's defence.

Default101

#1 - Erik Johnson
#2 - Phil Kessel
#3 - Jordan Staal
#4 - Jonathan Toews
#5 - Nichlas backstrom
#6 - Peter Mueller
#7 - Brian Little
#8 - Bobby Sanguinetti
#9 - Michael Frolik
#10 - James Sheppard
FLORIDA - Chris Stewart

i think with Stewart looking like a mid 1st rounder Florida will take him at 11,12 or even trade down if they get 8th or so i think having Anthony and Chris on the same team would help Florida in keeping Anthony around after he becomes a UFA, and should create good chemestry possibly in a sence of what Vancouver has created with the sedin twins, they were drafted to the same team, i don't think they'll ever leave vancouver, great investment, and i think florida knows it would make sence to do the same, and with Mike Keenan calling the shots Chris Stewart is his kinda guy, they have too many reasons to pick him up even if it means trading down a 9th or 10th pick, if i had Anthony i'd give up a James Sheppard, Kyle Okposo or a Bobby Sanguinetti for Chris and a 2nd or 3rd.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
if your right and i am not doubting you are then i am starting to belive that Joenesu could become the steal of the draft the way he is falling. He must have some skill to have been among the early top candidates.

Anyways heres to hoping he falls to the nucks in the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad