Your 2006 draft board

Status
Not open for further replies.

justdanickoftime*

Most likey the caps wont get the first pick, i guess they will get 3 or 4, and nashvilles pick, that will be in the mid 20's if the caps get staal and sauer in the first round, it would be great

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
1 - Erik Johnson. I don't care who has the #1 pick, he is the #1 prospect in this draft. The ONLY player I see possibly being taken ahead of him is Phil Kessel.
2 - Phil Kessel. By far the flashiest player in the draft. He will likely be a prety solid ticket boost to whoever drafts him if they can get him to sign, and is one of 4 players that I would considder as possible "franchise players" from this draft. That said, I think he could benefit from one more year in college before he signs.
3 - Jordan Staal. The potential is there for him to become an absolute force of a player like Eric is. As cliche as it is to say, with Marc's development this past year, bloodlines alone could be a big factor in where he's taken.
4 - Jonathan Toews. For a while he was being touted as the possible #1 pick in the draft. While he's an excelent player I just don't see him going that high. That said, he could go as high as #2 overall easily, he seems to be the "safest" prospect in the draft.
5 - Nicklas Backstrom. By far the best European player in the draft. He has the tallent and scoring ability to be a perenial All Star.
6 - Peter Mueller. Another "safe" prospect. I don't think he's done much to separate himself from the rest of the pack, but the Everett forward should be an excelent player. Wether or not he hits his first line potential is a question, but he will play in the NHL.
7 - Michael Frolik. A definite "boom or bust" player, he has the POTENTIAL to be the best forward in the entire draft... he could also potentially never be an effective NHL player.
8 - Brian Little
9 - James Sheppard
10 - Bob Sanguinetti

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
borro said:
Why is it that every one has an excuse for Frolik, but the same argument does not apply to Little? Little is a producer. Frolik MIGHT be. How and who in God's green earth would take a Frolik before a Little?

I haven't heard as much about Little than Frolik.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
This is how I see it:

1. Erik Johnson
2. Phil Kessel
3. Jordan Staal
4. Jonathan Toews
5. Michal Frolik
6. Niklas Bakstrom
7. Peter Mueller
8. Kyle Oksopo
9. Ty Wishart
10. Derick Brassard

tuckerdomi

Dec 4, 2004
Ontario
Staal top 3 100%

Staal is a for sure top three, this kid is awsome, I have had a chance to see him about 20 games the last two years, hes big and so strong on the puck with great patience, he's going to be a first liner in the next 2-3 years.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
monster_bertuzzi said:
Frolik is at least 5'11 and well over 170 pounds. hockeydb is out to lunch with those height/weight stats.

I think you're right about hockeydb being way out.

Central scouting has him at 6'1 187lbs.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
xtra said:
if your right and i am not doubting you are then i am starting to belive that Joenesu could become the steal of the draft the way he is falling. He must have some skill to have been among the early top candidates.

Anyways heres to hoping he falls to the nucks in the second round.

I wouldn't be too anxious if I were you. Players fall for good reason. Scouts want these guys to do well and they watch them closely hoping they show great promise. The fact that Joensuu has tumbled means that few feel like he's got a chance to be an NHL player.

I don't think I've ever seen someone get hyped as a top prospect at 15 or 16 and then fall out of the first couple rounds and then turn it around to be a valuable player in the NHL. When they fall, it's for a reason. In Joensuu's case, he was so big, so young that he dominated against the kids that weren't anywhere near his level of physical development. Now that everyone has caught up to him growth wise, scouts see that he doesn't have the skills to keep up to the real top prospects.

After seeing him play close to a dozen times, I hope he's not on my team's draft list at all.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
1. Erik Johnson
2. Phil Kessel
3. Jordan Staal
4. Jonathan Toews
5. Nicklas Backstrom
6. Michael Frolik
7. Derick Brassard
8. Peter Mueller
9. James Sheppard
10. Bryan Little