Proposal: Your #1 Center to the Flames for anything!

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
What about a deal based around Gaudreau for Point?
Tampa saves in cap-space with Gaudreau signed at a great price, while Calgary adds a RHS C and local kid who would likely sign longterm.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Tampa saves in cap-space with Gaudreau signed at a great price, while Calgary adds a RHS C and local kid who would likely sign longterm.

Tampa doesn’t do it. I would though.

Pockets16

Jan 30, 2007
Overreaction cause you lost in the 1st round. Focus on adding, not subtracting. Signing Neal was the problem. Should of signed Bishop!

Did you watch Monahan play against the Avs?

The guy is 6'3 200+ but he was one of the softest players on the Flames, his inability to carry the puck hurts the team as well.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013

I don't do it. Gaudreau is the biggest offensive driver for the Flames.

Plus Point is going to be making more money.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Did you watch Monahan play against the Avs?

The guy is 6'3 200+ but he was one of the softest players on the Flames, his inability to carry the puck hurts the team as well.

Yes, and he was also playing with a cracked/broken thumb, and hasn't had a full summer to train in years due to injuries.

Gaudreau is the puck carrier on that line regardless. That's not Monahan's job.

Reactions: Janks and Nanuuk

Bond

May 10, 2012
Any 1C that is probably offered up will more than likely be no better than Monahan.

Yup, maybe Gaudreau can get a better #1C than Monahan but who has extra centers and trouble on the LW and would be willing to trade their #1? Only center I can think of is Couturier but I doubt Philly would trade him for Gaudreau unless they think Patrick is going to take a big step.

Not with Backlund at 2c, and Jankowski at 3c. If we acquire a legitimate 2nd line center to push Backlund down the lineup, then I would disagree.

Yeah, I think this the plan over the few months. Find a legit #2c for either Brodie or Hamonic and push Backlund down.

Or you go with Monahan - Lindholm - Backlund- Ryan as your centre group but it leaves the Flames with a big hole on the RW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad