Proposal: Your #1 Center to the Flames for anything!

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Larkin

for:

Gaudreau
Monahan
Giordano
Valimaki
Hanifin
2020-24 1st rounders

Ok that's not fair, so I'll give you Abdelkader, Ericsson, Nielsen and Dekeyser on top of that.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Sean Monahan is a good first line centre. Your centre depth isn't that bad either. What you guys are lacking are right wingers and goaltending.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Your too generous damn it! Give us a broken down Zetterberg who can offer veteranism and we’ll add in our 2004 cup banner

Can't have Zetterberg, but I'll throw in a pair of used game socks worn by legendary Wing Derian Hatcher.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
realistically for kopitar, you’re probably looking at monahan, kylington, james neal, and a first. monahan and kylington for kopitar, the first for taking neal.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
realistically for kopitar, you’re probably looking at monahan, kylington, james neal, and a first. monahan and kylington for kopitar, the first for taking neal.
I think you’d probably be fairly disappointed with the actual return for a $10 million dollar, 32 year old Kopitar. He probably wouldn’t return Monahan alone, with his age and 5 more years of that contract.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Feel free to offer!
Thanks!!!!

I'd legit trade Monahan and Hanifin as the two main pieces for Larkin.
Larkin is fan favorite like a son in Det. He goes nowhere.

Allow me to bring over the deal agreed to in a prior thread, but with the adds for NY updated from "2 lesser pieces".

Hanifin + Ras Andersson + CAL 2019 1st [later middle]
for
Zib [after this season 3 yrs at only 5.35] + Vesey [one after this at 2.275, then ufa] + Pionk (rfa) + [either] W prospect Ville Meskanen + 2020 NYR 2nd

cap wise Zib + Hani are within roughly .4 and it's only a couple more m in cap, so it is a loose enuf fit.

-------
I generally don't trade guys like Vesey, who came as college ufa and signed here, until their course is fully run, if at all. While it has been uneven at times, he has continued to work hard and shows 20-ish goals potted with lower 6 linemates ability. Good fit that adds grit to Flames.

Of course the core piece is Zib, who hysterically has been underrated by the usual suspects.

Pionk is an x factor, his ceiling is not expected to be THAT high, but he has very good, not exceptional skating, and ate a lot of mins at RD, an actual righty.

Meskanen looks like an interesting depth player with upside.

I have other moves in mind for other assets, so while this is not etched in stone, that is why I'm leaning to this package.

I see Skjei and Staal and hopefully Smith traded regardless;
Rangers would roll with their 3 LD prospects and Claesson, now led by Hanifin.

Key is Ras And, as a righty RD

pick of course always useful currency. I see moves with the 2019 2nds, but this 2020 2nd is nice for Flames to add, while not interrupting, but rather adding to, immediate Ranger plans

win win.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
For anything eh?

Arizona sends Derek Stephan to Calgary for Valimaki, Bennett and Neal

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Would you settle for "#2" Vlad Sobotka?

Hello?