GDT: YoungStars GM 3: Canucks vs. Flames - 3:30PM PST - Stream - Canucks.Com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Virtanen and Mccann have unfortunately been disappointments this tourny. Maybe I just had too high expectations.

2 shoot-first players on 1 line. not hard to see why it wouldn't be the best fit.

Outside of physical play, Virtanen has been disappointing.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
Virtanen and Mccann have unfortunately been disappointments this tourny. Maybe I just had too high expectations.

Yeah. I think you do.

Put it into context of how other star prospects have looked, and they look fine. No one has blown anyone away. Look at McDavid, Ehlers, etc.

Not sure what you expected here. Pretty choppy tourney.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I love Shink's compete level - never ending energy. The last 2 games have been good, and what you'd expect from him being one of the older high-profile guys at the tourney.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah. I think you do.

Put it into context of how other star prospects have looked, and they look fine. No one has blown anyone away. Look at McDavid, Ehlers, etc.

Not sure what you expected here. Pretty choppy tourney.

A point would be nice :P

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
so was Horfat last year :laugh:

Horvat was awful in the tourney last year, I was quite hard on him. But let's be honest, his skating was his biggest problem, and he literally made it one of his strengths in 4/5 months.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Horvat was awful in the tourney last year, I was quite hard on him. But let's be honest, his skating was his biggest problem, and he literally made it one of his strengths in 4/5 months.

Then if anything you should have learned patience is the key.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Virtanen will lose those that tendency to make blind passes to the point. (Or he won't get the PP time)

Zukhenov's vision is definitely his strength.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

That's why I think Virt should be on the team. NHL coaching and feedback for 4-5 months could do wonders.
Running over 17yr olds in junior not so much.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

He wasn't awful, he just wasn't an impact player. Overall this tournament isn't a good time to do most of your evaluating.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Whatever else Virtanen is or will become, you can't deny the guy is an elite-level skater....his lateral ability and edge control is out-of-this world for guy his size....he's going to be fun to watch for a long-time in VanCity imo.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Whatever else Virtanen is or will become, you can't deny the guy is an elite-level skater....his lateral ability and edge control is out-of-this world for guy his size....he's going to be fun to watch for a long-time in VanCity imo.

He introduces his body rather nicely to other players quite nicely too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad